Slight hazy vision due to headaches/head pressure.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all basically I’m very worried about my hgv licence. I have been going to the doctors for years with (along with other symptoms) a haziness in my vision sort of like the feeling when you first get out of bed in the morning or when you have cold or flu that sort of haziness. I have passed my eye test fine and it isn’t down to glocoma etc my doctor has agreed that it is probably down to headaches and head pressure. I’m worried that when my medical comes for renewal this may have a bad effect on the outcome of my medical? Am I right to be worried? Please put my mind at rest...thankyou 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

HI Paul, it’s a worrying thing going for medical, I’m sure a lot of people worry , I just had my renewal and I couldn’t sleep with worry but after it , I thought why did I even worry, just go in and tell them everything about your illness, try take someone with you , good luck 
  • Posted

Hello Paul,  If you have passed your eye test then you should be fine.  Obviously you are concerned whether you will pass  your renewal for your hgv license.  If you are in any doubt that you may not be able to drive a hgv then maybe you should think about a career change.  Whatever the outcome, I am sure it will be the right decision.

Everyone worries when they have a medical to attend.  People usually think of the worst scenario.  Tell the truth at the medical but try not to worry.  Good luck. 

• Posted

Hi Paul,

Didn't you post about this a little while ago? or am i just dreaming that you did? I seem to remember that your HGV licence renewal isn't for 2/3 years?

• Posted

Having looked through past posts on the forum i see that you did post pretty much the same question 21 days ago. My answer is the same again, your medical is 3 years away which is a long time. If you have any concerns about your vision and driving at this moment in time then you should see your GP or Consultant. We are not medically trained here to advice i'm afraid. No one here is able to put your mind at rest.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.