Slight increase for me - any advice?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone,

For a year now i have been taking 1 x 37.5 Immediate Release tabs twice a day (1 am & 1 pm). After lots of pondering this morning i have added half a tablet.

This medication has helped me in many ways, insomnia was a massive problem before Ven, it has also helped my anxiety.

I just feel that things could improve... simple as that!

My question is... do you think this extra 1/2 tab will make any difference?

TA XX

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

ive been on 75mg slow release for many years , have you thought about slow release tablets ? and i wouldnt really up your dosage without consulting your doctor first

• Posted

Thanks John, i have a docs appt this week, i shouldnt think it will be a problem as I'm quite a low dose.

OK - are the slow release generally better? I will also ask about them at my appt.

N

• Posted

i could be biased on this , but i feel they are as they really have settled my anxiety over the years , like most people i still get blips but you just deal with them a lot better , if you need anymore help feel free to message me

• Posted

JOHN has it helped your anxiety. i moved up to 75mg 5 days ago has it helped your anxiety

• Posted

i am 150 mg increase over past 4 days still have to take diazrpam for anxiety does anyone think it will settle with this increase after a few days i was on 75mg and had anxiety for all 3 weeks beforehand

• Posted

Hi Helen,

Do you mean that you are now on 150 mg? And previously were on 75 mg?

If so it sounds like a big increase to me.

I have only ever increased once at that was at 37.5 mg and it didnt really affect me....

n

• Posted

helen i just moved up from 37.5 to 75 four days ago when does the extra anxiety go away

• Posted

it hasnt for me yet and im at 150mg 4 days snd was in 75mg for three weeks prior im tsking diazepam to tske edge of it

• Posted

did you have any increase in anxiety at the start moved up from 37.5 to 75. 4 days on 75 and bad anxiety.

• Posted

Hi Lynne,

At the very start of taking the meds yes i did. I was on 37.5 for months and then added a P.M 37.5 and i felt ok .

I do know that its very common to feel increased anxiety when upping the dosage, but it does improve. Presume thats why we are told to increase in low doses.

keep us posted, i do hope it eases for you xx

• Posted

how many weeks did it take for the anxiety to get better

• Posted

so your anxiety stopped

• Posted

3-4 weeks i felt very anxious but that was when i first started out on Ven. The increase from 37.5 to 75 didnt affect me.

So i only suffered at the very beginning, 3-4 weeks it took to feel relaxed again.

Lynn, do you take the 75mg in one dose? mine is split... 37.5 am &

37.5 pm.

• Posted

i think i need to go back to 37.5 for a while only on it for 3 days

• Posted

Hi Lynn,

Did you go back down to 37.5?

N

• Posted

no stayed on 75 how long did it take to lessen the anxiety

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.