Slight movements causes a spike in heart rate? Normal?

Posted , 5 users are following.

so I've had countless ecgs and BP checks and everything is considered normal.. anyways if I'm lying in bed my heart will usually be around 65 to 80,if I'm watching tv it's like 75 to 80 but if I'm completely relaxed and really tired it's like 65bpm but if I move my leg or arm or change my body slightly at all my heart spikes to like 90-100 for like 10 seconds and drops again.. is this normal? it also happens when I sit forward,it will raise and drop abit pretty much instantly.. also when I stand it goes upto 110-120bpm and within 30 seconds it stays at like 95 bpm if I'm standing still and stays around 110-120bpm if I just walk to the toilet or just casually walk around my house,if I go up the stairs it's like 140bpm is this normal? help I'm very afraid.. doctors wont listen, everything is apparently anxiety because bloods ecg BP are fine.. anyone experience this?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

JoshBailey,

I am going through the same thing, have been since last June. My HR goes up to 170s at times. I've had several ekgs, had an echo gram and stress test. All is normal. They told me that is was anxiety, stress related, in their opinion. I've seen three doctors just to make sure. One said it was possibly thyroid but that was negative. It is so hard to live like this. I get very tired and short of breath at times when it goes high. I also sometime get some really bad hot flashes (sweating profusely) which is very uncomfortable. Yesterday I was driving and started to sweat, pulled over to check my HR and it was 178. Called doctor today and they suggested it was just anxiety from driving. I've never had an issue driving before that I know of. I was told not to be concerned because it will not cause heart damage or kill me. Not an easy thing to live with. Good luck with yours. I hope you can find something that helps you.

• Posted

Sounds like you are constantly checking so that is obviously a sign of your anxiety.

Have you ever had a three day BP monitor ? That would give your doctor a picture of what is happening.

• Posted

no never had one I've only had a heart event recorder

• Edited

Josh,

If you keep checking everytime you move, you will send yourself crazy. It is normal for it to go up and down when moving, sitting, eating crossing legs (which you should not do), in fact there are so many factors involved. relax, stop checking.

• Posted

hi everyone ,wanted to see if anyones suffered similar symptoms to what im now suffering? i first boticed this symptom 6 years ago and it happened maube 10 times since then so i didnt panic too much as each time it happened i was eating something so assumed it was food or an allergy, anyway im 39 from uk no history of heart disease in family, fairly active, non smoker/drug taker, sociable drinker, yet for the last 2-3 weeks the symptoms of what i thought was the norm, have drastically got worse!!!

so when i get up from a seated or (out of bed) position and just stand up within 5 seconds i feel rush of heat from chest to throat into face come upon me with raised painful heart beat and out of breath!the feeling i can imagine youd get if you feinted i guess

this lasts 10 seconds then all back to normal and i can walk around as if nothings happened, blood pressure is ok or i cant seem to catch it at the precise moment, this is driving me crazy , ive had an echo,ecg, and so far all ok

any health professionals out there with any info would help put my mind at ease,

• Posted

sorry josh just seen i put my new topic on a reply rather than new topic but it seems similar to what ive got but my bpm is 90 when i have my episodes from a resting 55

• Posted

darryl,

Could you have acid reflux? It might be worth considering.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.