slight panic / Anxiety attack

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm having a slight panic/ Anxiety attack this evening. I've had a house full of kids. My mind is just over whelmed with Anxiety. I am doing what I can to calm down but I just can't right this minute. I haven't had one this bad in quite a while. I'm doing what I can to calm my self down.

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Remember if you can positive thinking deep breaths remember to exhale longer than inhaling .. having a house full of kids is stressful for anyone I have three children now I'm constantly overwhelmed & it's way too exhausting when you have to deal with anxiety too xx
    • Posted

Thank you. Yes I'm doing the breathing thing and trying to relax. The kids have quieted down and are getting ready for bed. So I will be able to fully relax I hope and fall asleep soon hopefully
  • Posted

I see where a woman's menstrual period can also cause Anxiety.
  • Posted

Feeling any better now?
    • Posted

A little bit just put all my kids to bed now its time for me to relax and unwind then after a while go to bed myself
    • Posted

do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?
    • Posted

No I don't I'm gonna talk to my GP next time I go see him and see if there is some. One he can set me up with.
    • Posted

I'm on the lowest dose of Celexa right now.. It seems to help like I said this was the worst one so far so I may have to have my Dr up the dose for me
    • Posted

Sounds good!

if you need anything at all, post on here or feel free to send me a PM.

you are not alone and you can beat this.

Good luck and all the best! 

smile

• Posted

Try to shrug it off, distract yourself, sometimes I lie down in a quiet place, and breathe in slowly and out. Get away from the source for now otherwise you'll increase the anxiety. Go on youtube and watch something funny and just start laughing.
  • Posted

I know how you feel.. seems like I've had one right aafter another for the past week and my children always bring it out most of the time..don't get me wrong they are wonderful. just the level of responsibility causes me to feel overwhelmed at times.. usually what I do is do something to take my mind off my anxiety and that's extremely hard to do in the middle of an attack.. I also have to control my breathing because I will start to hyperventalate . slowly in through your nose and out of your mouth. Sit somewhere quite close your eyes and start your slow breathing making sure your only breathing in through your nose and out of your mouth.. once your heart rate goes Down some go take a hot bath.. or find something that you can do that won't involve to much running around so you can keep your heart rate down. Deep breathing exercises are the only thing that really work for me.. keep your heart rate down by slowing down and breathing. Control it by focusing on it. Also a nice cold glass of water helps too.. have you eaten and had enough water today? If not when you get a little more calm make sure you eat a good meal with a full cup of water.. the more you focus on your anxiety the more difficult it will be to get out of the attack.. you know it's anxiety.. you know you can slow it down when you breath properly.. you know you can help your heart rate decrease by breathing slower and resting. Focus on what you can control..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.