Slight Pulling Sensation on Left Side!

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am s 53 year old male who exercises 5 times a week. I am in great shape and have always prided myself in doing so. When I was 20 I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder which lead to severe panic attacks. Once diagnosed I learned to live with it knowing I wasn't going to die. 3 years ago out of the blue I noticed my heart skipping a beat. Further testing revealed what i was experiencing was PVC's (Pre-Ventricular Contractions). After extensive heart testing i was told there was nothing to worry about so once again I went on with life. Then 3 weeks ago when I got up I felt a slight pulling in the left side of my chest. That feeling has come and gone now for those 3 weeks. Along with that feeling the PVC's have come and gone as well. I got the results of my annual physical last week and as usual my numbers are all within the limits. My cholesterol was 141, Blood Pressure was 130/80 and heart rate was 74 BPM. My GP whose been my GP for 40 years says I'm as healthy as a 20 year old. Still though I feel that pulling on the left side occasionally and you know what anxiety can do with something like that? I'm scheduled to do a stress test in a few weeks but right now all I can think about is my heart.

Sorry for the long post but this feeling has just taken over my mind. I was curious if anyone else has ever had similar slight pulling sensations from time to time and if so did they ever find out what's the cause?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.