Slight redness in eyes more than 2 months now

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I have been noticing slight redness in my eyes,a few red nerves from the corners in both my eyes.There are no itching or any vision problems,I have to stare at computer screens for longer periods due to to work.Are these harmful and what should i do further?

Adding the pictures of both my eyes

Thanks

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Do you wear contact lenses?

• Posted

Do you have any allergies or do you get dry eyes? As you get older you will get more of those red veins in your eyes. If you are on your computer for a long time, get some lubricating eye drops because you probably don't blink as much as normal. The preservative free ones are advisable because you are less likely to have an allergic reaction. Something like liquifilm, blink or systane.

• Posted

Yeah,the eyes feel dry mostly.feels like the tear secretion has lowered from that of before.Havent tried any drops other than olapatadine hydrochloride for a week,without any reduction in redness.

• Posted

Try some lubricating drops about 3 or 4 times a day, see if it helps. If they come in separate pipettes, unless they are really small, you can usually use them 2 to 3 times.

• Posted

If you are in front of a screen a lot, always keep some with you. If you notice your eyes feel a bit dry put some in. Computers will affect your eyes for as long as you are using them. The drops will help prevent corneal abrasions when you rub your eyes.

• Posted

To be honest,I think it's nothing harmful. Maybe ur staring at ur computer too long so basically ur straining ur eyes. Since u have no itching or any form of visual problem,you're good most probably 😃 if ur still worried u can go for an eye check up but im sure its nothing serious,it seems rather normal to be honest. Some people has way worse than urs and it goes away 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.