Slight rushing noise in ears

Posted , 3 users are following.

I remember many many years ago that after going to a very loud pop concert I would get a ringing sensation in my ears, annoying but it would go after a few hours, well at 66 it seems to have come back (without a vist to a band performance), very slight ringing sensation but there all of the time. it is exacerbated by having the radio or tv on the noise in my ear seems to react to the tone of the sound and almost 'buzzes' sometimes.

Anyone any experience of this please ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Roger, it sounds like you may have entered the World of Tinitus. This is a strange question, but does the sound feel like it's coming through the Ears or is it In your Head? And I Don't mean that you are imagining it. Is it intermitent or 24/7? If your ears pop into clarity every now and again, it could be something different. Does the Tv/Radio buzz sound like there is a lot of Bass and distortion? Sorry for all the questions, hope your feeling better, AL

• Posted

Yep, I get exactly the same thing in my left ear, sometimes worse than others. I too find that music can almost 'bounce' back from that ear if I'm having a particularly bad day with it. I think I have tinnitus in that ear possibly? I've been struggling with my eustacian tube on the other ear, it can make you feel pretty miserable! Hope you feel better soon, just to say you are not alone

Kirsty x

• Posted

Thanks Pistal and Kirsty ... it sounds deep in the ear but very very slight so much so that most of the time I hardly notice it and yes the noise in my ear when the radio's on sounds like distortion but, again, it's in my ear ... I have a had a cold for ages and someone has suggested that it might be something related to the cold ...

• Posted

Could it be your eustacian tube has a blockage like mine? Does it feel like you need to pop it? Sounds like it could definitely be cold related to me...

Kirsty X

• Posted

Thanks again Kirsty ... I hope to get a nurse to have a look today, doctor on the phone (never get to see them any more) was little help ... he said it's probably tinnitus and that there's no treatment ... oh well, I'll get back and post if things progress

• Posted

That's a shame you can't see the doctor, I had to see two doctor before they noticed anything wrong, the first said it looked absolutely fine. If you are worried say you definitely need to see a doctor even if it means waiting a while, they may be able to give you some answers, I find nurses have very little training on what's going on with ears, they have so much put on them these days. If it is tinnitus there are normally groups that can help you deal with it, there should be info at your surgery. I hope you feel better soon, I truly do sympathise with you

Kirsty x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.