Slight stomach pain with feeling to use the bathroom that goes away 5 hours later?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been having this issue lately, for about 2-3 weeks, every morning, and I am not sure what is causing it. I have read it could be stomach ulcers, to possible IBS, however I'm not sure what to think. I would like a second opinion on this.

General Information:

I wake up at 6 AM every morning, and use the bathroom to poo for the whole day, I don't use the bathroom to poo for the rest of the day, after that I just have to go to the bathroom to uriante for the remainder of the day, usually the same routine, nothing has changed really in the routine aspect.

- I use the bathroom once a day to poop, the consistency isn't dirrahea (it's not watery, nor do I go frequently/have the insane urge to go), or constipation since on the bristol stool chart it's a type 5 that I experience daily.

Symptoms:

- A dull, or slight stomach ache/pain in the right side, mid, to lower section of my stomach, somewhat near the waist, but above it. It usually fades away at around 10-11 AM, this pain doesn't orginally start till around 7-8 AM, 1-2 hours after I've gotten up and eaten.

- A feeling that I have to use the bathroom, or that I'm filled up with gas that needs to come out, but doesn't. I don't have to pass gas or anything, the feeling to use the bathroom goes away, and doesn't come back for the rest of the day after I hold it for a while, usually around 10-11 AM the feeling is gone.

Previous Incidents that I thought I'd mention:

- I was experiecning daily dirrahea before this, in late Janurary, for about 1-2 weeks? Which seemed to be a food intolerance, or something along those lines since when I ate a certain food I would have dirrahea for the day, but after I stopped eating that food it went away. It hasn't been an issue really since. I lost a few pounds possibly because of this (3-5 lbs maybe?)

Anyone have any ideas what it could be? I'd appreciate any help that is given my way. I tried to jam pack as much information as I can that I have been experiencing to help determine what it could be.

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

It maybe still related to your eating or related to IBS; however i would do a stool test plus a liver panel to eliminate many other disorders. 
  • Posted

Hi there. In January I got real sick with diarrhea and vomiting and ended up testing positive for norovirus. I'm having one loose bm a day still and I think maybe it's just taking my stomach a while to return to normal. I've also lost a few pounds. I went to the doctor and he said its normal. I wonder if you had a virus too? Feel free to message me if you want.

• Posted

I looked up norovirus and I remember reading about it back in January when I had diarrhea, I'm hoping this is the case and isn't more severe since I feel fine usually after the morning passes, I will give it some more time, and change up what I eat in the morning to see if it helps. If it persists will head to the doctors.

• Posted

It could be IBS since you are having food intolerance as well.  Definitely see your doctor for tests.
    • Posted

I'm hoping it isnt, since I don't have that much symptoms that are usually linked with IBS, however I'm not ruling it out yet. I will give it some more time, and if it persists I may just head to the doctors.

• Posted

The stomach pain usually just stays in the same area, however yea it is a possibility that I might have IBS, however I don't have any diarrhea anymore since late Janurary and I don't think as far as I feel that I'm constipated. The only signifcant symptoms I have are pretty much the 2 I listed above, stomach pain, and just a weird feeling of being gassy, or the feeling to go, but not passing gas. Perhaps some type of mild/minor IBS is possible? I don't know.

• Posted

IBS symptoms can change.  I started with constipation, then loose stools and  back to normal or constipated again along with stomach pain.
    • Posted

I have read that it can alternate between constipation, and diarrhea for IBS between days and such, however I've been having the same stools after I had diarrhea back In Janurary for 1-2 weeks, since then they haven't changed signifciantly to a liquid, or to constipated-style stools, and it's March now.

• Posted

Hi themanr

You say you get the pain around 7-8am ...1-2hours after you have eaten....what have you eaten?? Do you have the same brekkie every day..if you do change it ...whatever you are eating maybe the problem.....

• Posted

Yea, during the week, which is when I have school I do eat the same 2 things for breakfast and that's it for the morning except for yesterday (Friday) which was a muffin that I had with the same juice, however I had the same stomach issues. But for breakfast I usually have a breakfast hot pocket, and some juice since I gotta get out the door quickly. I don't drink coffee or anything. I am thinking of swapping out the hot pocket, and juice on differnt days and see which day I feel better. During the weekend I don't drink the juice as far as I'm aware, nor do I ever have the hot pocket and I don't have the symptoms that I usually have in the morning, however I haven't eaten anything yet as I post this. It may be what I'm eating in the weekday mornings is the issue, or when I eat it starts, however I don't feel any stomach pain after I eat lunch, I'll have to start monitoring what I eat since I haven't been, and maybe I have to change what I eat in the weekday mornings.

• Posted

Hi themanr

Yes, good idea monitor all you eat at that time bewteen 7-8pm...and see what transpires.....you say you have to 'get through the door' are you rushing your food not allowing it to digest...get up a little earlier and sit and relax when eating and allow a little digestion time.....then 'get through the door'........best wishes...

• Posted

Hello, I thought I would update the post on how I'm doing, since the last time I posted which was a week ago. I have switched to eating oatmeal instead of hot pockets in the morning, and since then the stomach ache and feeling to go have went away. I feel much better during the day then I used to, and when I do go it's now a type 4-5 on the stool chart, which seems to be a improvement in fiber from the oatmeal. Thanks for the suggestion to change what I eat in the morning it's been a huge improvement! Still don't know about if I have IBS because I feel pretty good nowadays. I still get the feeling to go, with no stomach pain, but I think that's just me actually needing to go, but it isn't like it was before, it's toned down a lot the feeling. Thanks again though, and everyone else who helped me with my issue!

• Posted

Hi themanr

So pleased that my advice helped you..everyone on the forum are always happy to help in any way they can.....my very best wishes to you.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.