Slight weakness in left arm and leg

Posted , 4 users are following.

recently went to the doctor and figured out that my BP level was 160/100 since then I've been taking lisinopril for it and it has lowered my bp but I have this off feeling in my left arm and leg it's been going on for a few days so I don't believe I'm having a stroke or heart attack but has this happened to anyone else?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Is it just a strange feeling, as mentioned in the body of your post, or weakness, as mentioned in the title? The difference is important. If it's a real weakness you should see a doctor asap even if you have had it for a few days.

• Posted

Well, a strange feeling might just be peripheral neuropathy, a possible side-effect of your medication, whereas an actual weakness could be a sign of a minor stroke. Please get yourself to a doctor asap.
    • Posted

Forgot to say - I'm a former neuro nurse.

• Posted

Apart from medication u must stop all salt... I threw all mine away. Check foods that contain sodium and stop eating them. Exercise each day and do your breathing exercises each night. I do about 6. I get little pains here and there, shoulder sometimes, under left breast sometimes. But if u stick to no salt, a little exercises, breathing exercise and have your BP under control u should be ok.
  • Posted

I had a heart attack in 2008. They put me on lisinipril. I didn't have problems in my arm and leg but I had a terrible cough and it got to where I was coughing up chunks of my throat. They took me off it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.