Slightly concerned

Posted , 14 users are following.

So I will be having my repair done on Friday 28th. I asked dr how long off work.(not worried because I can take long as I need with my employer) but doc said I could probably be back Monday! Really? She said I can take a few days off if I need too. I will feel sore like i just had a baby. This is quite different than what I've heard you all say. Kinda strange. The thing is I have one of the top docs and I totally trust her. Input?

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Steph,  I don't understand.  What surgery are you having?  I had an A and P Repair, and after 5 months needed it redone.  BELIEVE ME, I. can't imagine your doctor would say that.  Are you sure you didn't misunderstand him/ her.  My prayers are with you.  Dorothyx

• Posted

Thanks for the prayers especially! Maybe I did misunderstand but I don't think so. I am having posterior repair and tubes tied 😱

• Posted

The site seems to be slow today - so having another go! For me when I had my tubes done - it was done laparoscopically by a gynaecologist and the rectocele vaginally by a urogynaeocologist. It seems a bit odd to me to have both done at the same time? I don't know - just a lot of poking and prodding around in different areas? I ended up with two small incisions near my belly button and a small cut at bikini line for the sterilization.

?The sterilization did only take a few days to recover from - the anaesthetic was the worst. I cannot imagine a rectocele repair ever being healed in a few days due to the amount of stitching in deep muscle tissue that takes place.

• Posted

Yeah I requested my tubes to be tied while I'm under anyway

• Posted

I had an a and p repair on 27 may and wet back to work on 15 august. Supposedly on a phased return to work which didn't really happen as I was given a huge project plus recruitments to do all in 4 weeks. Even though I kept on saying it won't happen with my reduced hours I was being told it had to. Hence at the end of 4 weeks I totally crashed ... exhaustion, stress and very high blood pressure plus bad pelvic aches. .... signed off by gp for 6 weeks and going back 31st. Working 3 days a week from home and only 4 hours per day for the first week and they now have somebody in temporarily to support me. You must take as much time off as your body tells you to. Good luck x

• Posted

I know this is a different question but finally after years of knowing something was wrong I've been diagnosed with a rectocele but the doctor is saying he thinks I should try other things because if I have op it may come back. Is he just trying to save money. And one more thing ever since this all started I've had really bad facial skin is this related. Please help I'm really confused

• Posted

Hi my understanding is that lots of women have rectoceles from child birth, the question is does it affect your health and only you know this I had one for literally years and the only thing was digital manipulation to poo! ! Only getting it sorted now as I have a cystocele and central compartment prolapse. If it bothers you push you are within your rights as for skin not an issue for me, good luck
    • Posted

Thank you for your help. At the start i had the same it's been getting progressively worse bleeding from both verging and back passage no appetite and hate to say it leakage from my back passage

• Posted

Hope you get sorted push push for surgery you know what's best for you get a colorectal consultant opinion

• Posted

I was off work for 6 months after my last operation and 3 months each following the two operations before that.

I would be very careful. It is major surgery you are having and you need ample rest and recovery.

All the best x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.