Slightly flat mucosa in D2, does this mean celiac?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Don't want to go on to much but I am having to fight to fight out what is wrong with me.

I have been ill for the past 3 years at least with various symptoms. I have had to beg and plead with GP and consultant to get go the bottom of it literally!

PriVate blood tests = not celiac

Not sure but don't think I have had tests

Colonoscopy indicating diverticular disease.

Then endoscopy that gives the results above.

Still got 2 tests for bile salt malabsorbtio.

In between the April and September I went gluten free as I was told they were not doing anymore tests.... and yes I was better. So I went 6 2wks back on gluten before the endoscopy.

Any thoughts please

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

# 6 weeks not 62 weeks lol
  • Posted

HI Brenda 

Sorry I am not medically enough informed to answer your question, I think the best thing to do is go and see your GP.  If you do want some more advice on the web there is another website if you Google gluten free guerillas you should find the site it is run by health unlocked, its a website where lots of different health issues are discussed and they are sectioned into that particular condition.  You might find the information by searching on the site or by asking the question. The people are very helpful and have a good knowledge, although they are just ordinary people and not medically trained.  Hope this is helpful biggrin

• Posted

Thanks tm62, and thanks for the wbsite details.  They are a big help
    • Posted

Hi Brenda glad to be of some help, hope the results were what you wanted.  Hope you manage to find out what is causing the issues for you
  • Posted

Had letter from gastroenterologist, not celiac?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.