Slightly inflamed tonsils and bumps on the back of throat lasting about 7 weeks

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’m 23 years old. I initially got sick on Oct. 5th. It started with a terrible sore throat for the first day or two and then turned into a 101 degree fever, nasal congestion, chills, and body aches. I was pretty sick for about a week.

I got tested for strep throat and Covid-19 twice throughout that week and they came back negative both times.

Once I started feeling better, I noticed that I could feel something in the back of my throat when I swallow and my tonsils were still swollen. Using my phone light in the mirror I noticed a few bumps on the back of my throat as well (picture below). I have an appointment with an ENT but the soonest one I could get is still three weeks away. My primary care physician didn’t seem too worried about it, just said I should let her know if it gets any worse. They don't seem to have gotten worse but they aren't getting better.

I got sick again Nov. 21 and have been sick since then. Similar symptoms to when I was sick a month before, with the exception of a more mild fever.

I hadn't ever looked at my throat very close but I asked my doctor about the very pronounced red vessel in the back of my throat and she didn't seem think it was cause for concern. Is it possible that I have Mono? What would cause bumps like that to last this long?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i also have those bumps from mono and covid. ENT say they are normal with viral situation and probably from post nasal drips. how are you doing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.