Slightly raised CA125 -odd symptoms- convinced it's cance!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I'm 37 I've been Cerezette pill for many years now and don't have periods. I have been experiencing constipation, pain under my right like an ache which can go across to the left , my whole stomach area feels tender, my body literally just aches, lower back pain, nausea this all does come and go. I've just had full blood works and CA125 as my doctor keeps telling me it's IBS but I'm not convinced, my bloods were normal apart from CA125 which was 37 so I'm off for an ultrasound. Please goes anyone else feel like this i have convinced myself I have cancer of something and it's really getting me down and my 10 year old boy is starting to worry now which I don't want . What is going on with me 😩😫😩😫😩😫😩

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Natalie- I recently went thro a cancer scare as I had 2 cysts 5cm and 8cm and a pelvic mass?? Β They were removed in Jan 2015 and the results were benign. My CA125 reading was 27- normal is about 35 so that reassured me greatly. If cancer is there CA125 is often in the 100s or even 1000s. Your reading is good.I had 2 ultrasounds,a CT scan then surgery,but 3 weeks on I'm recovering well. I'm feeling sure you'll be fine,but know how scary it can be. Good luck. x
    • Posted

Thank you, it's awful it's consuming my every thought and of course googling on the Internet doesn't help. Glad to hear your on the road to recovery. It's just I thought as well that the CA125 could be other sorts of cancer not just ovarian , would that also show in the 100's.
    • Posted

A CT scan will show if there is cancer anywhere else in the body- mine showed none and with your blood reading I'm optimistic you'll be fine. However I understand your worries- I spent Xmas and New year worried sick,but trying to appear happy for the family. Your doctor thinks it's IBS which seems to have similar symptoms. The ultrasound may reassure you. x
    • Posted

Yes exactly the same here. Thank you I feel a little better now fingers crossed just get this ultrasound over and done with.

Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.