Slipped Disc

Posted , 5 users are following.

First Identified on 30

Dec 2017. Asked to undergo Surgery but i refused and managed myself with indigenous treatment. However i got severe pain and got MRI done Recently.

Report says as follows.

MRI LUMBAR SPINE

A plain MR of the lumbar spine was performed, with a whole spine screening study.

Normal alignment and curvature are seen.

Desiccation of L4-5 and L5-S1 is seen.

L4-5 shows a diffuse disc bulge with posterior annular fissure indenting the thecal sac without neural

compression.

L5-S1 shows a large posterior central disc extrusion compressing the thecal sac and both S1 nerve roots.

The rest of the intervertebral discs are normal.

The vertebrae show normal marrow signal. The vertebral bodies are normal. The rest of the posterior

elements are normal.

The conus is normal. The perivertebral soft tissues are normal.

The screening study through the rest of the spine reveals no significant abnormality.

IMPRESSION:

L4-5 shows a diffuse disc bulge with posterior annular fissure indenting the thecal sac without neural

compression.

L5-S1 shows a large posterior central disc extrusion compressing the thecal sac and both S1 nerve

roots.

My Question is what should i do and i don't want to undergo for Surgery until 10 Jan 20 since Surgeon asked me to undergo immediate Surgery by saying It must be corrected as soon as possible as it correctable problem and if u delayed it can lead to incorrectable problems image and i have only pain in my lower back. As well when i touch my lower back there is a place i find huge pain in lower back.. Sometimes i can't stand long and walk long but if i sit for sometimes then it will settle and i can manage for few hours without greater difficulty. image

Request please help me...

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I cannot sit with mine but won't have an op. It is actually your choice to have the op. Listen to all input but decide for you.

Ask for a second opinion and emphasise you want to wait.

• Posted

Thanks kathleen65757,

But let me ask one thing with your experience or knowing.... Can you suggest or recommend to do some exercise or some routine to avoid getting worsen of my case until i find solution i Next year Jan

Thanks

• Posted

I think everyone is an individual. Maybe see a good physiotherapist. i tried all kinds of things now just manage it. You maybe younger than I am too. I am 74 so I am retired.

• Posted

Dear Kathleen65757,

Thank you so much and i wish you get some relief sooner.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you so much for your time and guidence

Leel

• Posted

Hi Lee,

I'm so sorry to hear you've been going through such an awful time with your back, I can only imagine how tough it must be to make this decision about surgery and the pain you've been going through.

I've had some lower back issues myself in the last couple of years but been so lucky that nothing as severe as to need surgery thanks to God only, but I know how down the pain still got me at times and how tough mentally it is, so just want you to know I was thinking about you and to encourage you not to give up, to trust in God and remember that He is the great healer and knows more than all the doctors - I believe God is going to pull you through this and you are going to be pain free again, praying He guides you to make the right decision over this surgery. I'm sorry that I can't offer any advice regarding the medical results as my knowledge in these areas is limited.

One thing that maybe worth looking into or trying is Bowen Therapy - I had bad sciatica in the past and tried all sorts, physio, chiropractic, all sorts but nothing seemed to help much - until someone suggested I try Bowen Therapy. It's a very natural, non-evasive therapy, very safe indeed, I can't tell you how much wonders this worked on my sciatica - I would definitely recommend it for sciatica, maybe worth looking into seeing if any Bowen Therapists in your area.

One other book that I found helpful was one called 'Back Pain Decoded' by Robert Shanks, which was suggested to me by my Osteopath. It's different from other techinical back books in that it just some good advice on different gadgets and alternative therapies and things to try in simple ways, I think a black and white copy can be bought from Amazon for about £20 or so (UK money).

I'm believing that you are going to be set free and God is protecting you at this tough time and that healthy and pain free times lie ahead for you. Just take things one day at a time and trust in God, it's all we can do when things seem out with our control - hang in there Lee, you will get through this.

Craig

• Posted

Dear Criag

It was an awesome feeling i felt when i went through your reply.

I'm so impressed about your kindness and taking time to write onbehalf my severe pain. Thank you so much.

I'll look upon your all recommendations as well i do keep faith on God as you mentioned.

Once again Thank you so much and Wishing you a speedy recovery. I hope you feel better soon.

Always Stay blessed.

Leel

• Posted

Hi Leel,

Thanks for your kind words too it is very much appreciated! Been going through a bit of an up and down period for various reasons so your thoughts and best wishes for me mean a lot too - thank you!

I can only imagine some of the pain and suffering you've been going through with this back pain, absolutely keep faith in God, I believe He's going to bring healing to your back and set you free - there is hope Leel and will keep you in my prayers that God heals you and helps you to make the right decision about this surgery.

Hang in there and let us know how you are doing over the coming period, message any time.

Craig

• Posted

I tried BOWEN a few times but it only helped on a temporary basis for me.

• Posted

Ah sorry to hear that Kathleen, sometimes it can be trial and error to find out what works for a person - I was grateful that the Bowen helped me a lot with this.

Hoping that things can improve with your back and you can be pain free - as you say physio and good core exercise regime can help, another thing that has helped me is seeing a good osteopath (important to find one you trust and have confidence in though).

Craig

• Posted

If you are wanting to delay or avoid surgery I'd suggest asking to be referred to a physiotherapist. Low back pain and problems are a very common problem and physios have become experts in providing conservative management of such problems. Scan results tell us one thing, but physically seeing the patient and how this problem is affecting them is a different story entirely, so take your scan results with you but they will wan to do their own physical assessment as well to see what can be done to help.

Hope you get sorted 😃

• Posted

Lauren220,

Thanks a lot for your assessment. I'll look upon it.

Take care and stay blessed.

Leel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.