slipped going down on a stair with airboot on

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there. I'm recovering from a microfracture surgery on my left ankle which I had 2 weeks ago. I'm currently full weightbaring with an airboot. Im really freaking out as today I was going down the stairs with my crutches. My left crutch slipped and I landed really fast on my ankle with the boot on. I now have pain. I'm really scared I've damaged my ankle.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The surgery I had was basically removing bad cartilage which had come off due to the accident I had. I'm terrified now as I'm thinking I've re-damaged my ankle.

• Posted

Hi Firstly may I say I relate to this.

2.I hate those airboots plaster cast is so much safer and effective.

. I would see a dr and have him assess yr ankle

.3.3 Crutches are very dangerous when used used on stairs

• Posted

hi. Thanks for the response. yeh ive been very careful on the stairs with the crutches each time, no problem each time. I'm just really scared of going to the doctors and finding out that i've re-damaged it with 2 weeks into the recovery. Its been such a long depressing 8 months since my accident mentally, with the pain and then waiting for the surgery. I don't need this now.

• Posted

Whilst I can imagine you are scared you have damaged your ankle again so soon, just think of the potential for more damage if you do not get it checked, and you have done some more harm.

My advice would definitely be go and get yourself checked out by the Dr.

Fingers crossed you will be fine.x

• Posted

im 5 weeks into a fractured fibula and dislocated ankle. I have slipped and stepped back on my ankle twice now. it was sore for a few hours but is fine now. If it is now not painful and no extra swelling im sure you will be fine but for your peace of mind i would call the hospital or speak to your local gp .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.