Slow bowel

Posted , 3 users are following.

So i have had this issue over thr past few months where i went from rushing to the loo because well, i had to go and if it wasn't now then mistakes would be made.. Lol.

Now i still go once or twice a day, but its hard to go, like it feels like my bowel just can't ve bothered to pass the stool, even when its part thr way out its just like nah not yet.. I someyimrs get big hard poop others soft, aswell as all different shapes, like flat and stuff also feels like something is stuck just inside. I've had stool samples, blood tests and fingure up there, waiting on colonoscopy atm. Last time thr laxatives didn't work, any of you have ideas?

Also the doctor who did my figure test said there was some small hard poop that was stuck to the bowel wall.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Possible IBS?
    • Posted

Thats what they have said. But i use to have ibs d... Can it change?
    • Posted

There is no cure for IBS and no test will identify it.  IBS can go into remission for a period of time but can come back.  Very occasionally, it can disappear for good. However, many people wiith IBS will have symptoms for life. You may well be having an IBS flare up. You can have IBS C or D or a mixture of the two. It can stay the same or get worse particularly during times of stress or if a certain food triggers it.
    • Posted

Okay thank you, just the feeling like i need to go all the time and stomach pain is new for me. I use to just go with no pain as it didn't stay in mu system for long. I doubt thr colonoscopy will show anything because something would of poped up with all thr tests so far. I do sit a lot and my tail bone hurts awell.

• Posted

Bowel habit change and stomach pain go together with IBS.  Having pain with IBS is normall for the condition.
    • Posted

Okay thank you, someone told me that they read you can get bowel cancer with no symptoms and its reaolu common, and as i suffer from anxiety as it os this worrys me.
    • Posted

If you are young, the chances of bowel cancer are rare. Since you have had episodes of IBS in the past, it is more likely to be IBS.
    • Posted

Okay thank you so much for replying. I did thr silly think of googling and it come up saying the tests ibhad done are not very good and that no symptoms is the biggest thing of bowel cancer... It scared me and i have anxiety aswell anyway.
    • Posted

We all fall into the Dr google trap.  However, once you have had your colonoscopy, that should reassure you.
    • Posted

Yeah, i feel like an idiot about it, i am now worried but the Dr told me something would of showen up by now.
    • Posted

My brother who is a consultant plastic surgeon told me that nasty conditions show up on scans.  I was very concerned about a serious missed diagnosis too.  However, if it was something very bad, you would be getting worse all the time.
  • Posted

Prunes!! They're my go to - work like a charm. And coffee (although caffeine is an irritant to bowels)

My bowels go through the entire bristol stool chart in one day - so I definitely wouldn't worry. That's just IBS, you go from one extreme to the other. You can be diagnosed with IBS C, IBS D or IBS alternating.

May I guide you to perhaps investing in a stool. The way we sit on a western toilet means that it constricts our colon, making it much harder to pass stools and straining it massively. By putting your feet on a stool it lessens that strain and makes it easier to pass.

Good foods for when you have diarrhea is the BRAT diet - bananas, white rice, apple sauce, white toast. So try to avoid these foods when feeling slightly constipated - get more fibre (vegetables - lots of greens and brown toast/rice)

I personally hate laxatives as they hurt me so always try to do it with diet. If you're feeling so constipated you can't eat, drink prune juice. and do a lot of abdomen massages, I try to follow the line of my colon.

Stay strong!

• Posted

Hi thank you for the message, i have an issue going but my stools are not hard there soft and its been this way for over a month now.. Its driving me mad. I don't have a stoll but i use a bin yo ouy my feet on lol. And i go every day so apparently its niy constipation.

I feel like something is stuck just inside yet I've had chrcks and there is nothing.. Its really weird.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.