Slow healing after sphincterotomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone.

i have been suffering from chronic fissure for over a year than decided to have a botox surgery after about 9 months of having a chronic fissure. botox did not help. went back to see the surgeon and had a sphinchterotomy done about 2 months ago now.

my healing seemed to be going fine till one day about two weeks ago where i possibly may have passed a hard stool... i am not in a low of pain but can feel something down there after a BM. and sometimes some blood on toilet paper.

surgeon has suggested using the cream rectogisic 3 times a day.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced a slower healing after LIS surgery? how long did it take for the fissure to go away 100%? any recommendations?

thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Could be a slow healing because it was chronic or the CRS didn't cut enough muscle.

I had 2 LIS surgeries for my chronic fissure that lasted several years. My first one failed because the CRS didn't cut enough muscle. My second LIS done by a different CRS was successful. The fissure and incision were healed after 6 and a half weeks. Though the pain from the scar tissue took several months to heal.

• Posted

I agree with Betty, Im only 5 weeks post surgery and still have soreness and some slight pains during bm and post bm. Im definitely feeling better than before, but I also am starting to question if Im healing properly. Im not seeing any blood and I have not had any hard stools, but I do see some mucous discharge on my tp during the afternoon sometimes.

Have you gone back to your surgeon to have them look at your surgery site? Only your surgeon can really give you a true answer as to how you're healing is going.

We all heal differently, but I understand your concern. I would be to if i was you.

Best wishes and let us know what your surgeon says. I plan on seeing mine in early September as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.