Slow heart rate

Posted , 8 users are following.

My resting heart rate is in the low 40s during the night and high 40s in day. (Picked up on fitbit). I had an ablation 3 weeks ago and I'm on 1.25mg bisoprolol. Should I be concerned? Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Karen, I don't know, what was your rate before the ablation?

I know even a tiny dose of beta blocker nails my heart rate below 60 most of the time, but not 40s.

• Posted

Better ask the Dr.   Everyone is different.   I had to come off a Bisoprolol as I couldn’t function with a heart rate of 41 or 42 during the night and 45 to 48 during the day.   I felt very tired all the time but could still work and go up and down stairs etc.     Now 1 year later my heart rate can go into the lower 40s when sleeping but is above 50 during the day and I feel fine.   Hope you get on ok.
  • Posted

Hi Karen

I had the same thing and my ablation didn’t work and they couldn’t increase any drugs as that would take it too low. Had a second ablation and my heart rate never drops now below 52 at night and around62 in the day. Electrophysiologist says that can happen . I still have an episode of AF every couple of weeks and am convinced now that it’s vagal AF so I try to watch what I’m eating. I do hope your ablation has worked and maybe then they will take you off the bisoprolol.

• Posted

Hi Karen...You should address your concern to the Cardiologist, who will take any necessary action or assure you that things are OK ..The mere fact that you have anxiety will not help the condition ... so consult  him/her as soon as you can. Good luck 
  • Posted

I have cut my dose to half of yours as my heart rate and blood pressure too low , was given 2.5 by cardiologist , halfed it for couple of months and now halfed it again . But ask your doctor , seems too low . Still feel sort of disjointed though , not sure if it’s theses meds 
  • Posted

I cut my 1.25 Bisoprolol in half, but despite this, I was still found semi-conscious, nurse couldnt feel my pulse, Oxygen brought me around, but even after oxygen, ambulance crew reported my pulse as 42, so dont know what it was before the oxygen. The hospital wrote I had suffered an anaphylactic reaction to Bisoprolol. 

Having said that, I would get something more reliable than a Fitbit for measuring your pulse, Google Fitbit accuracy and you sill see what I mean.

• Posted

My Fitbit was very accurate as a 24 hour monitor confirmed the bradycardia.    My BP monitor also confirmed the Fitbit readings.   The Fitbit readings tend to be inaccurate when the pulse is very fast.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.