Slow Heart Rate

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey everyone, recently I've been tired throughout the day minus exercise, but I noticed that my resting heart rate is very low (around 50-55 bpm). I'm not an athlete either, so I think it's bradycardia? What should I do to alleviate my tiredness? I also have ectopic beats, but they're infrequent so my doctor told me not to worry about it.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I used to have crazy fast heart rates then in November ‘17 I had hysterectomy.  Since that time I’ve had very low HR my resting today is 48. I’m tired yet I can’t sleep with fluttering as HR dips to 38. I’m at GP for results of 24 tape tomorrow, push for tests 
    • Posted

Something has caused this sudden dramatic change in your heart rate and it can only be a consequence of your operation or drugs you were given at the time or later prescribed. Ask your GP to check your operation notes and list anything that was prescribed with particular attention to any  fluoroquinolone antibiotics.

The request may fall on stony ground as he may not be aware of the latest warnings on  fluoroquinolone antibiotics and the present EMA (European Medicines Agency ) inquiry into them.

• Posted

Thanks Derek, would I still expect an after effect nearly 10 month in though? No faith in GP one told be to stop checking!! Latter GP felt pauses. I may end up with pacemaker yet. 
    • Posted

It is probably not that but it should be considered and it something that most GP’s would not even know about yet. Soon they will because of the EMA inquiry.  I've been through all of that with a heart rate (that I was happy with) in the low 40's and in the mid 30's when asleep and also 3.5 pauses between beats and had a pacemaker fitted.

I had been prescribed those antibiotics after having my heart valve replaced and right away had tendon pain. I was prescribed them anothertwice and developed 'neuropathy' in my left leg and other associated problems including insomnia. It was worsened when prescribed Amiodarone and Bisoprolol when I developed atrial fibrillation. Other later drugs and steroids can cause the later consequences from the drug.

Good luck with the results of your tape.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.