Slow heart rate

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have always had issues with palpitations... chest pain/pressure etc..

I am.nam.now petrified that I have a slow heart rate especially at rest on a normal day resting it doesn't get much higher than 62.... But at night when I'm sitting or laying it can go as low as 52 it has made my sooooo anxious that I continue to keep checking it... I have had 24 hours ecg before but I was pregnant then so I had a high heart rate I have had countless ecgs and blood tests and nothing has ever cone up... although they would not catch the low heart rate on an ecg as it's never really resting.. I feel so exhausted all the time at night I actually watch it drop 55 54 53 I panic thinking it's not going to stop going down it's sooo scary.. I meant I'm defo not athlete... I go to a gym class twice a week but that's only recent.. I hate the fact that everywhere reads 60-100 Is normal bpm... clearly mine isn't that normal 😫😫 anyone else have a slow heart rate

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

minemine has dropped down to 48 one time when I was actually in the hospital and the monitor started beeping and I was highly concerned also because it was under 50 and the nurse said that it's okay as long as it doesn't continuously stay in that. my cardiologist said that it's normal for it to be between 50 and 100. Sometimes you can't believe what Google says. I believe as long as you don't stay in that range I think you'll be okay but if you are concerned I would suggest going to see a cardiologist.

• Posted

I have always thought between 50 and 60 is perfectly normal. Mine has always been between 55 and 65, I would be scared if it went higher. Hubby was put on a beta blocker and his went down to 44 and took about 3 months to recover to around 55 after stopping it. Do not panic with that reading, the fitter you are the lower your reading.

• Posted

Thank you ladies always good to hear other peoples thoughts x

• Posted

how do your palpitations feel? mine scare me to death because it feels like my heart will skip beat or beat really hard for one beat

• Posted

They do really frighten me yes but I've had them so long I kind of try to talk myself out of them being a problem.. I get constant flutters in my chest but it was the slow heart rate that k started becoming more concerned about ... it's mainly at night it slows right down when I'm tired ... I'm always worried about my heart it's always been a problem to me.. But the doctors have never picked up on anything really

• Posted

I have a slow heart rate also.. But have been told OK.. Mine is normally in the 40's and 50's on exercise goes into 60's.. But I don't worry as that can bring on more problems like angina..

• Posted

My pulse regularly hovers around 40/41. If I go out walking it can rocket up to 160!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.