SLOW MOTILITY

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Has anyone heard of slow motility of the bowel. I have been told I have this but not sure how or what causes it . I know I get a lot of gurgling in my left side just under my ribs after I have eaten x

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I could go into a long answer but it would only confuse you it means that you have a slow transit either in your large colon or small bowel making it harder to digest foods have you had constipation and colicky pain anything that is seen as colon problems like ibs etc can also be known as slow mortility hope this has helped

• Posted

Thanks Kevin yes I do get colicky pains and constipation

.I was given some tablets from my rheumatologist yesterday called Creon supposed to be something to help with the liver enzymes x

• Posted

Did the doctor mention anything about your pancreas as that's for malabsorption the good thing is your gettingvtreatedxand also investigation being done I would stay away from google etc but please any questions you have ask your doctor to explain I have worked in A And E 25 years now and it amazes me the amount of people who are scared to ask what there symptoms are etc always ask that's what we're there for keep us posted what the doctors says
    • Posted

Thanks Kevin he just said that the pancreas had something to do with the digestive system and the tablets he gave me might help.I do have rheumatoid arthritis and Sjogrens .He seems to think its the Sjogrens thats causing the slow motility x
    • Posted

Sjogrens Yes that can cause it as that's inflammation of the glands and the rheumatoid arthritis is inflammation and very painful yes that should hopefully help with the malabsorption as well

nice to here patients getting the right treatment as sometime doctors are so busy they only have a few mins each patient

• Posted

Thanks Kevin for letting me know that. It was my ruematologist who  gave me the tablets you are right about people getting the right  treatment doesnt happen often now a days . do you still work in a hospital

​thanks again Keving for the info

• Posted

Yes still enjoying it I also work in the colonoscopy unit too but the A and E is what I really enjoy doing all types of care needed there do it gives you as all round nowledge of all aspects of different types of care injuries etc

I know it can be scarey being told some things but when I am discharging patients it good to go into detail about what exactly is happening or what the next stereo of follow up etc always good to give people an outlook on there illness accident etc back to 4 in a row nightshifts tommorow glad your sorted Joyce and as I said your doctors are treating you the right way and I hope the cramping starts to subside sometime charcoal tablets can help with the cramps as well as its trapped wind which causes the pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.