Slow pain on left side of throat only

Posted , 2 users are following.

For about a week now I've had a pain on my neck that builds up slowly and then hits me hard with a sharp pain if I do something with my mouth/jaw for too much, as in talking, yawning, opening my mouth, swallowing, and chewing. It feels like something sharp poked me like a pencil. If I do something slowly however, it doesn't hurt me as much as it would if I just did it normally. I don't have any other symptomes such as a cough or anything like that as well. I tried looking inside my mouth to see if I could see if my tonsils are inflammed but they aren't. I did notice a discoloration that extends all throughout  the roof of my mouth and the left/right/center side of what I could see of my throat that was sort of a green/greyish/white color.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey David

Go see your Doctor and have your tonsils checked out. Temporomandibular joint dysfunction? Sounds like it. I have that too. My jaw hurts when I yawn, eat, ect.

• Posted

Hi David

I had the same thing but it went away. My jaw would hurt when I yawned, ate, ect.

It's "Temporomandibular joint dysfunction"

Also called: TMJ, TMJ syndrome

TMD Signs and Symptoms

A variety of symptoms may be linked to TMD. Pain, particularly in the chewing muscles and/or jaw joint, is the most common symptom. Other likely symptoms include:

>limited movement or locking of the jaw,

>radiating pain in the face, neck or shoulders,

>painful clicking, popping or grating sounds in the jaw joint when opening or closing the mouth.

>a sudden, major change in the way the upper and lower teeth fit together.

Symptoms such as headaches, earaches, dizziness and hearing problems may sometimes be related to TMD. smileHope you feel better👍

• Posted

Lolsmile I wrote it twice my bad. Just thought I would give you more info. on TMD.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.