Slow recovery

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my rectocele repair done almost 9 weeks ago and am still not back to normal. Had a very bad urine/bladder/kidney infection about 3 weeks after operation and thrush,fortunately that has all cleared now with the help of canesten and antibiotics but am still sore and was still having a bleed 2 days ago after using the applicator for HRT cream that my doc prescribed. Hub and I attempted sex about a week ago and it was a disaster,feels like they have totally sewn up my lady parts,not happy at all and my GP is dismayed that the hospital has no outpatients appointments for us ladies having these ops. Anyone else out there had the same experience. Just wanting to feel normal again sad

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Rosie, I am 12 weeks postop and still have thrush. Had UTI for about 6 weeks. My gynae told me 12 weeks recovery and if you read posts on here women will tell you it takes much longer to feel good again so don't expect too much too soon. Good luck! 
  • Posted

Phone call from Watford General hospital this morning,offering me an appointment on 2nd April ???? Only 18 and a half weeks post op,not happy or impressed with any of this. Got appointment on Monday coming with the phy

sio lady.am hoping she will give me some positive feedback

• Posted

Hi Rosieod1, Haven't heard from you in a while, so wondering how you are. Did you attend the hospital appointment at Watford on 2nd April and if so what was their opinion? LadyPink
    • Posted

Hello LadyPink,good to hear from you.Hope you are well. Yes I did go,she said it was scar tissueand that everything was ok. Saw the gynae physio a week later and she said all was well too and that I was doing pelvic floor exercises correctly but I'm still concerned. I seem to have developed a bulge at the front which I can push back in and am a bit concerned but after having only been seen recently by professionals who said everything is ok am not sure whether to go back to my GP. I would have thought as I had a rectocele repair that the scar tissue would be at the back and not the front. ot a feeling like a have a tampax in that is full and last night I got up 3 times to pee. Sex still not right either and the hubby said he felt like there was something there that moved over when he was going in 
    • Posted

Hi Rosieod1, Thank you for your update but sorry to hear that you are still not happy with things. This bulge from the front does sound a bit suspiciously like a cystocele bladder prolapse - but I'm sure this would have been spotted at the hospital? Maybe you should go and see your own GP to get their opinion? Personally I have two folds of tissue from my double prolapse operation - within the vagina, but they are soft and do not interfere with intimacy or bulge outside, so your case does sound 'not quite right' maybe?

I am fine now, eighteen months since my rectocele and cystocele repairs were done and all is GREAT - in fact I don't even think about that operation now.  Five months ago I had my first of two bunion repairs done and that has been a success too.

I do hope things start to improve for you soon and do let me know if you see your GP. It could be that your scar tissue is still healing and shrinking back, in which case this 'bulge' may with time retract. I hope this will be the case. Best wishes, LadyPink

• Posted

Thanks LadyPink.

Got letter from hospital today re: check up 2nd April and she said that scar tissue was at the back and I could have another op to try to remove it,which I declined at the time but also that she detected a cystocele.That had also been detected at initial consultation so why didn't they sort out both when I was in hospital? Got telecon with my doc Tuesday to ask to be referred back to hospital but not happy with any of this .Really fed up with all of this.Glad all of your ops have been so succesful,you are one lucky lady. I know one of our members asked if you'd like to join our group on facebook and you declined and I understand your reasons but if you did reconsider we would love to have you there for your wisdom and humour.We have ladies who are over 5 years past op and give us so much.Just a thought,will understand if you aren't interested but your words of wisdom were what got me through when I first found you on the patient forum,so thank you so much for your love and support in the early days of my recovery xx 

• Posted

Hi, new to this site but having read your last comments it seems like you may have got a urine infection, either from just bad luck or your chandelier swinging attempt! Lol

am suffering the same at the moment as seem to have a post op uti.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.