Slow repair

Posted , 3 users are following.

has anyone experienced problems following dissolvable stitches. my vaginal entrance has like an ulcer, I have one on my perineum and one inside my labia also. they are very stingy. and i am unable to walk comfortably.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

HI sarah

sorry to hear your having ongoing problem.

I am 3 years post op for front and back wall repairs done vaginally and having stingy nippy problem with scar tissue around back entrance of vagina and to left front of perinium where the stitches end for back repair.

This area right from the start was sensitive and uncomfortable and as soon as I returned to work hot considerably much worse.

So three years on and struggling with day to day stuff constantly limited by thud problem and cant be on my feet for too long.

Did get re-refered early on but was told by consultant I was a bit red but to be expected?

Not happy! Hope you get a better outcome than be x

• Posted

hi Sarah

after both repairs done I'd recommend yiu not return to work till at least 8 wks.

the healing tissues dony make strong scar tissue till 12 wks. if you return too soon you will definitely cause weakness to your repair.

I've had my anterior repair redone a year ago alongside a tvh. I did nothing but rest for 8 wks and it's still weakened. I believe it was the surgeons te technique and lack of estrogen.

after a new consultant I feel he has done an excellent job. bare in mind these repairs dont last forever and will weaken as time goes on and our tissue stretches.

no heavy lifting ever again and pelvic floors for life that's all yiu can do. good luckx

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

I returned to work at 12 weeks post op, but only because I felt fine and I was only doing 2 x 5 hour shifts and was to be a gradual return to half shift on feet (at self scan) and half on seat at checkout (one of the big supermarkets).

Think the gradual steps from mainly seated at checkout to whole shift on my feet was to quick; can be really fast paced on the selfscan area when busy and the twisting and turning was painful on the sensitive area where the tissue is thin around back edge.

I posted regularly on this forum around that time to keep a log on my experiance.

Would or should have took more time out but I felt under pressure to return; got no support or help from occupational health who was all for employer and my hubby was not well at time and had cut back on his work load as well as helping in house.

So felt that as I had been so careful during those crucial early weeks I would be fine but didnt factor in that employer might not be so understanding and of course they prioritize 'needs of the business',

Hope this helps x

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

Sent a more detailed reply but being moderated fir some reason.

I returned at 12 weeks post op.

At the time I posted regularly on the forum on a weekly basis to keep a record of my experience.

Phyl x

• Posted

hi phyl I hope you well.

I had an examination last Tuesday with my consultant and sll seems fine apart from grade 1 rectocele.

he went touch it till it's much worse. I dont have any pain just issues going to poo when I dont take my fibre supplements.

I'm not sure how long I can go on for but for now I'm managing ok with glycerine suppositories if I'm stuck(excuse the pun hahaha).

I just wished he had sorted it when I had my tvh and anterior repair but he said I only would if 30% benefit and not much change.

what does it take for them to sort it I'm guessing unless my butt and up outside my vag😫😫😫.

the Joy's of womanhood and childbirth have everything to answer for.

hugs phylxx

• Posted

Hi Welshgirl,

I'm doing fine thank you.

Had that horrible phlemy cough thats going about, kept recurring and seemed to last for months, coughed constantly for days at the start, thought I'd damaged my repairs pelvic floor was so sore, then I had stomach virus and so violently sick muscles were sore from chest down to pelvis and sorts of incontinence problems, anyway survived it all and everything pulled back up.

With regards to posterior repair I think your consultant is right about percentage of improvement as I'm not that much better than I was before repair although I suppose I'm not much worse either.

I also thing that my painful nippy area is a result of not healing properly due to being far to tight resulting from both posterior and anterior repairs being done at same time so I'm sure your consultant was right in doing only one at a time.

I find I function much better and more regular as long as I have my porridge every morning but must admit I get kind of sickened with it.

Think the most difficult part is excepting the drastic change needed in lifestyle after repairs.

Take care

Phyl x

• Posted

so now on top of everything have thrush and a fissure!! how the heck can I have fissure when my bowels are opening great? so uncomfortable right now starting to really regret this OP!! when will this nightmare end I'm soooooo bored!!

sarah

• Posted

So sorry to hear you are having more problems Sarah.

I think the boredom is the hardest thing to deal with. We all normally lead such busy lives and it is so difficult to just relax and rest.

I hope they sort things out quickly for you; maybe the fissure and thrush problem has been slowing down your recovery and once sorted your recovery will speed up,

sending healing hugs x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.