Slowly coming of propranolol 10mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello last Thursday I decided to slowly wean off propranolol 10mg. I am currently taking one on one off and it seems to be OK.  My question is this when should i halt it altogether. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

On the Bisoprolol forum, most cut the tablets in half, half again etc, some doing it for many months. I wonder if its a good thing to do it your way by missing a dose, then taking a full dose, very up and down for your system I would have guessed?
  • Posted

Following your discussion as I'm looking to do the same, a bit more tricky with mine though as I take it in a slow release capsule form. 

All meds are different so you may not need to taper very slowly as with say an antidepressant. I'm going to ask my pharmacist they are more knowledgeable than GP with drug interactions on the body etc, good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.