Slowly Slowly Getting there!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey All ,hope your doing Ok today ,, My cfs was triggered from what was probably glandualar  fever in March 2015 ,,first 2 years i was bedridden or in a wheelchair ,, ive been trying to pace the last year, and going into my forth year ,, i say im about 30% of who i was massive grief with this condition also ,loss of activity and working etc,, get fat etc etc ,,awful,, is anyone here still trying to get better ,, im finally sleeping now ,, and some light  stretching as well as walking ,,but too much as usual puts so much energy in me ,, i nearly burst ,scary for my heart,,i know i must be careful ,,but it seems it will still be long for now,, i am also in Kundalini awakening Whoa ,,Thank God, it did save my life , but is challenging also, im finally starting to feel the benefits of light exercise more and more ,,too much though breaks my body ,mind and spirit,,slowly ,slowly ,slowy arghhhh lol,, is there any full recoveries here? i totally believe I will Be, I Am <3 Nice to meet you all Guava smile any ways to get better quicker?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

My CFS was also triggered by glandular fever (over 20 years ago!) and I was bedridden for the first year but have very slowly improved a bit. I have never fully recovered but can lead a reasonable quality of life. The things I've found most helpful are pacing myself, healthy diet, listening to guided meditations when exhausted, walking which I built up over a long period of time from only managing a few minutes to now being able to walk for about 50 minutes on a good day and gentle yoga stretches. There is no miracle cure but it sounds like you are doing the right things as you have improved a bit on how you were to start with. You might find it helpful to keep a diary and make a note of anything that seems to make you feel better or worse. Be patient with yourself and don't give up hope. Things will get better!!!

• Posted

Thankyou so much Elaine, its so good to hear from people that have improved and made peace with it all to a degree, its changed my life so much ,i was a big walker ,,it was who i was, so the grief was huge, it must be wonderful to be able to walk for that long now ,, i wont give up hope and ill keep working at the pacing! <3 Guava

• Posted

I believe you are capable of total recovery too! I'm a very positive person and while it's been 3 years for me, I am slowly slowly seeing improvement but it's not exactly linear and that is normal from what I hear. The more I learn, the more I learn! To try and keep my energy as consistent as possible has been the biggest task for me that creates the most improvement. You're right that exercise needs to be very light. I've had to change my mind set from trying to make my exercise sessions last longer to making them multiple, short and sweet. So even if I can only do 3 minutes of light exercise two or three times a day, that's ok. Works good for me. I'm into metaphysics and meditation and would love to hear more about your Kundalini awakening.

• Posted

Hi   Dianna, I am new to this website and am not sure if I have CFS. I currently sleep nine to 12 hours a day which is an improvement over my past records of 12 to 16 hours a day although today I easily slept 16 hours.. This change however coincided with a couple of interesting changes in my life basically an increase in meditation and I started watching videos that remove hypnosis. I don't know if I'm actually hypnotized but whatever works right? Have you noticed anything along these lines. Has the meditation improved your energy levels and wakefulness?

• Posted

It's funny because CFS comes in so many flavors!!! I sleep about 4-6 hours a night so 12 to 16 hours of sleep sounds like heaven to me!!! haha... Tho I'm sure it's no picnic for you if you spend most of your life sleeping. Meditation has been a life saving tool for me because I don't sleep as much as my body needs to so I get rest from meditation. I love some of the hypnosis meditations. I do find them helpful.

• Posted

Hi Dianna ,,sorry so long for the reply ,,such a big subject,,and have had a few crashes since unfortunately.In the early stages of my cfs ,,i was so so unwell,, and i must remeber just how far i have come ,, i set out on a spiritual quest in search of healing ,,i knew Jesus before hand ,, i started doing sitting chigong, so breathin g into my dantien ,,whilst praying to Jesus also, I started to recieve energy coming up my left leg and inner thighs, and a decision to worship and hounor Love in my daily life,, one night i was sick,, i called out ,,Dear God I Love you ,,Dear Jesus I love you,, I love myself,, I love life ,,Please I dont want to die,, a light started to glow in my belly ,,then it it exploded throughout all my nadis, spiritual channels,, light and extreme love !! ,, and i was left writhing on the bed ,, in ecstasy, i experienced this for about 4 nights ,, then all the dark was unleashed ,,, big snakes hissing in my face,, months and moths of sometimes bliss ,,sometimes agony ,,and it continues,,i have had a very challenged life ,, in western terms,, ive had to do much self inquiry ,, forgiveness of self and others ,, kundalini challenges me daily ,, i get some relief with buddhist meditation,, i often wonder that cfs is to slow us down ,, to not want so much ,,etc ,,etc,, Thankyou ,,love Guava <3 

• Posted

Thanks for sharing. That's very deep. When I started meditating and doing deep spiritual healing, my body did a lot of shaking and convulsing. It also felt like I was releasing a lot of cold energy out of my 3rd, 4th and 5th chakra. Before CFS, I really didn't know how to speak my own mind as well as I'm learning now. I think we learn how to slow down, and say "no", be grateful for simple things, have more compassion, and listen to our bodies more.

• Posted

Yes , a lot of my cold is gone too, I've had to open and clear all my chakras, I had a massive Jesus complex for years and pushed myself so hard with the CFS , tried to study, , and kept believing I was meant to help some way in community services, only thing was I was dealing with full on stuff with my hubby, you seem to know stuff, so what I'm saying will make sense, in as so far as there is much happening in an awakening, yes I have had to speak up for myself and be respected as well as deal with all my own ego stuff, vanity, childhood abuse , ad well ad spoiltness, societal expectations. forgiveness ,,there is much hey, right now I'm still trying to understand pacing with this , I keep having a lot of anxiety and find it difficult to cope with stress, , I'm tired of trying to face fears and really feel like I need to just chill, and meditate more, That's great you released the cold, I need to release guilt that just making my own corner and what's in it well for now is enough, I am enough, I am Love. much love Guava <3

• Posted

I can definitley relate to several things you're saying. I had a "God" complex and needed to wipe the slate clean of my catholic upbringing. I couldn't even say the word "God" for awhile. Now I love going to church and actually work part time for my church (though my church is very accepting and open to all faiths).  My daughter is a minister and her husband is a minister as well.

I also believed I was meant to be helpful in community services. I burnt out completely several times..I've also gone through a divorce and childhood abuse!  And I totally understand that the anxiety of expectations makes it extrememly difficult to cope. I've given up the facing fears balonie for the most part and spend more energy on self care and self acceptance.

• Posted

Oh Thank God you are my Angel right now Dianna, Yes to all those things, and a big Yes to Self care, acceptance ,here and Now ,Observation and Loving naturally! Thankyou for chatting!! Guava, Im not sure if im going ahead with the childcare ,it does give me great joy to know i can give so much to the kids as well as recieve! This week ive been dealing with an all over body rash ,stress I believe ,,I craft alot and want to have my own market stall and a kids corner where they can create ,i use alot of recycled and natural products. I read in yesterday that living in fear is living without God ,so i trust that God will help me make a living somehow! What a great church you seem to have as alot can be so rigid , Jesus is very special and close to me ,,but i must chant and do many spiritual practises, I am in Australia! Wondering where you are? I think i need to go eat breakfast ,,Self care ,Right... <3

• Posted

Making a living is quite a challenge, isn't it. I'm only working an average of one hour a day from my home. (I live with my parents now). I'm 61 and I've been turned down for disability three times. When I'm 62 I'll probably start collecting social security. I can't wait till I'm 65. I am DESPERATE for money.

I craft too! I do a lot of knitting, drawing, adult coloring, sewing, etc. I LOVE your idea of having your own market stall and a kids corner.

I look for stuff people are throwing out and clean it up, recycle it and sell it on Ebay or keep it myself. Hah!!!

I also love chanting! I'm in Chicago Illinois. The United States.

• Posted

Hi Dianna ,, Had a super bad crash ,,from an allergic reaction to a anti,histamine pill, helped my rash but had a whole night of no sleep and barely breathing ,,stayed awake to breath ,, anyway ,the rash is really from amines ,,i have a bad amine ,salicylate intolerance , leaving me with only 10 foods,, Ive decided to go for the pension again ,,3rd time lucky i pray ,,sorry you didnt get it ,,so frustrating and so much lack of knowledge, im really gonna whack them with as much supportive evidence as i can this time! Yeah money hey, well sounds like your having some fun whilst hopefully getting a little with your ventures.Yes Chanting is a life saver hey,, this is a great book if your Meditation for medicine,,i think thats it ,,need to find mine again,,somewhere in the house,lol, i couldnt ground till i started doing the hummne hum ,chant + mudra, i got mine from Booktopia for about $20, it works on chakra healing with heaps of different chants mudras and breaths, do you do fire breath some times? I love nadi nostril breathing  too ,it all helps hey! Anyways must find that book again! I feel spiritually guilty about going for the pension,which is ridiculous ,,you know the human spirit thinks it can cure this thing ,, i think though it takes time and is complex, so When i get the pension ,i will feel alot less stressed about thinking i could do what i used to do,,Dah Guava,,you cant ,,not yet anyways and might take some serious time. Apparently it is Chronic Fatigue Awareness day on May the 12th lol,, I do hope that it gets the recognition it needs so badly! <3 Guava The only thing I know about Chicago is its the Windy city? not all the time im sure smile Take Care, Be Well, Sat Nam <3

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.