SLUMBER SUPPORT

Posted , 4 users are following.

hI       Im new and pre op   but after reading sleeping threads just to mention my friend, post op,  swears by her Slumber Support,  a designed post op large pillow to support hip  back and knee while sleeping on side with a velcro waist band,      may be worth looking at of course asking professional advice.

if it helps just one person worth a mention,  

contact number is 01223 830355  manufactured by So4Bed Ltd

in UK

thinking of this weeks brave hearts!!   pleased its over for you

pauline xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pauline I bought one of those and found it to be a waste of money I only used it once and it was very hard and uncomfortable I went back to ordinary pillows and was a lot more comfy.I tried to give it to the red cross but they didn't want it so I,m afraid I wasted £29.95
  • Posted

Hi Pauline. Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried an ordinary pillow but didn't really work.  I found a memory foam travel pillow for head and neck in Dunelm the other day and that seems to work really well (for me anyway). It is just a case of trying lots of things to find out what works, without having to spend too much money in the process.  Wish it could be noted as a side effect about sleeping etc. 😌
  • Posted

Hi Pauline - Thank you for sending this information .. I will see if they sell this in Holland - I am using a regular pillow but misses something to hug - I am used to sleeping with a body pillow - didn;t bring it with me :-(    the velcro waist strap is intriguing ... big hug 
    • Posted

hi   definately not a huggable thing!!!   its a funny shape and you lie almost in recovery onto it     I have a beany pillow in tube shape thats great for here and there  smile

no they dont take 2nd hand things at all do they   its such a shame,  but a bit condractictory as dont they recycle some hospital things that can be borrowed?  the nhs is still worth its weight  whatever is said!

• Posted

Hi Pauline thanks for that, I sleep on 4 pillows all round me, I am quite comfortable and now sleeping for at least 5 hours a night and 1 - 1.5 in the afternoon. Feel I'm doing great. xx
  • Posted

thanks for replies i just thought it had to be worth a mention   even to eliminate  smile    it does look  hard  but without  being post op cant appreciate the finer bit,   i just know im not a back candidate and pray i get the ok for side position   haha  i tried it on back last night  and lasted 5 minutes

over and out

px

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.