Small amount of blood on tissue

Posted , 6 users are following.

For a short while I had loose yellow stools, due to this I went to see my GP who referred me for blood tests which all came back as normal.

I regularly suffer from loose stools every morning (for past few months) but have since been a normal colour and mostly formed (although still not solid). I wake up and almost instantly need to go to the toilet. I never have any pain. I usually have a very gurgly stomach too. I have been a little anxious and out it down to that.

This morning after going to the toilet I noticed a small amount of blood when I wiped just on the tissue. Yesterday I did notice a slight itching in my bottom area. I am now really worried, anyone had a similar experience?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hmm possibly IBD then. This is what I think I have, specifically in my small intestine. I had a colonoscopy last year and nothing was found, but that. test dies not access the small intestine. Have you and your doctor discussed a colonoscopy or any other testing? how often does the blood happen? do you ever feel swollen down there?

• Posted

Have you asked for an endoscopy or pill camera to access your stomach/small intestine? That may reveal something. IBD can affect either your colon (large intestine) or your stomach (small intestine).

• Posted

if the Blood is bright red, its normally either hemorrhoids or tiny blood vessels near the anus that broke but this is very common and not serious. hemorrhoids can cause itching.

anxiety can cause stomach and intestinal distress. ive had it for years.

you may need a diet change, even just for a while. or medication for your gastrointestinal system to relax things.

talk to your doctor about this. dont suffer with it.

and get counseling if u can for stress ❤

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I have been taking beta blockers (very low dosage) for my anxiety which has really helped. My stools have also improved and are now more formed but still not right I guess. The blood did alarm me slightly but feel reassured a bit more now!

• Posted

Its most likely hemorrhoids. It causes the slight bleeding and itchiness. Not to worry.

• Posted

You may have a haemorrhoid? Is the blood bright red? Ask your doctor to examine you for haemorrhoids.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.