small black spot found on upper back

Posted , 4 users are following.

Found this earlier today, only 3-4mm i think, seems fairly new, other half found it.  Im going to get it checked as soon as I can get an appointment, but wondered if it was something anyone was familiar with.  I do a lot of hillwalking and initially we thought it might be a tick but on zooming in to the pic, unless its burrowed under,,which i dont think they do,, then im ruling that out. It seems to be black, slightly at an angle and although it looks like a bump in the pics,  it doesnt seem to be raised.  Will be keeping a check on it for changes.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Firstly, I doubt if it is anything to worry about.

If it is a tick, it will be just the head left as you have probably knocked it and the body as detached from the head which is generally the usual thing. If you think this is it, either go to your doctors or Minor Injury Unit/A&E, and get it looked at as it will start to go septic.

If you feel that this is not the case, its probabaly a small mole or a very small skin flap. If you are at all worried about it, go and see your doctor.

Have a good day

Kevlol

• Posted

Hi, like Kevin says: definitely do go and get it checked out with your doctor, don't leave it, because  IF it is anything worrisome the sooner it is treated the better.  And if it is nothing to worry about it will put your mind at rest.  Good luck!  Maja
  • Posted

Doc referred me to a dermatologist, quick turnaround and had the spot removed on Friday last week,,sent to pathology and awaiting results,  fingers crossed all I will have from this is a neat wee scar,
    • Posted

Hi.  I was wondering what the result was?  

Thanks!

• Posted

So glad it was dealt with so quickly.  Fingers crossed path lab results come back clear, good luck!  Maja
  • Posted

It looks like a regular mole. They do appear from time to time, depending on your heredity and time you have spent on the sun. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.