Small blister on head of penis

Posted , 17 users are following.

About 4 weeks ago I noticed a single very small blister on the head of my penis. The single small blister has stayed for 4 weeks now with some slight change of healing but not much and I resisted the temptation to pop it.  There is no itching or any strange sensations.  I've had a full STD panel and blood work done and everything was negative. I'm 36 years old married for almost 10 years and this has never happened before. Can you please advice on what this might be and what steps I need to take.  Thank you.

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It's hard to say what it might be without seeing a pic.  Didn't a doctor look at your penis when you had the STI tests though?

• Posted

Yes he examined it and thought it might not be anything, but just in case it was herpes he prescribed me some medicine to take for 10 days and i did, then all the test results came back and were all negative. They don't know what it could be. 

• Posted

It looks something similar to this but smaller and more flat. looks like a blister after you've burned your hand and it is trying to heal. but no pain, burning, swelling, etc. 

• Posted

The blister in the pic looks unusual, but I don't know if it's anything to worry about or not.  If you've been seeing a GP so far and it doesn't go away in the next two or three weeks, it might be worth seeing a urologist.

• Posted

That was my plan. Just was hoping someone else might have had something similar. It is strange and out of the blue. Wondering if it is an allergic reaction to something like my b 12 vitamins...thanks for responding
    • Posted

did you find out what this was? i have something very similar but on the shaft of my penis. just like you, it appeared "out of the blue". I need to find out if this is something i should be worrying about or something that will go away on its own. Please respond asap

• Posted

The pic is not of me, but something off the internet. Mine is flat not raised at all, half the size of my wife's pinky fingernail. i noticed today that there is a very small dark vein at the tip of my shaft that looks like it leads into the blister (patch) of skin underneath it. Like the patch is over it trying to heal or something. Could this be a bruised or busted vein or something? thanks

• Posted

Sorry not a vein, but more like a tiny blood vessel...
  • Posted

I have same symptoms... did u find out what it was?
  • Posted

My husband had what looked like 3 blisters on head of his penis. He had every std test possible and all negative. It appears to be healing but keeping close eye so can report back to MD should no improvement be made. One broke and bleed and drained. I would have guessed herpes but negative. Also painless no itching .
    • Posted

Yes it’s been at least 2 weeks drying up and draining bleeding have stopped for the most part. I’m not a younger person and I’ve seen a lot but never this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.