Small Breast lump found

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,  I found a very small pea size lump under my nipple.  I wasn't too concerned at first, I'm approaching 50 and going through the menopause.  As you do when you find something that shouldn't be there or haven't noticed before - you become very aware and I started prodding it - within a few days a puss like lump appeared under the skin which was very sore and appeared to be filled with puss.  I became extremely worried and went to the doctor - I am now waiting to be seen at the breast clinic and then hopefully have to have it sorted.  The lump eventually got smaller in size but is still there and now looks like a bruise on my skin ....... I am very worried obviously, cannot wait to be seen !!

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hello Haley. This must be so worrying for you. Hope everything goes well. Sending you hugs.
    • Posted

Many thanks - have to wait a little while to be seen but here's hoping !
    • Posted

You shouldn't have to wait too long. I know there a NHS guidelines which they have to adhere to for any breast lumps. Let us know how you get on. Take care.
    • Posted

Yes it is 2 weeks but I suppose it will feel longer for you as you'll be so anxious. Try and relax and keep yourself occupied. Take care and keep in touch
    • Posted

Hi - I have been given a date to see breast clinic on 26th February for mammogram I saw the doctor on 7th January - have to wait a long time huh ?
    • Posted

That is a long wait. Not within NHS guidelines. I would be asking questions, it's not good enough.
    • Posted

All depends on how Dr worded it

Copied NICE guidelines

"Immediate: an acute admission or referral occurring within a few hours, or even more quickly if necessary.

Urgent: the patient is seen within the national target for urgent referrals (currently 2 weeks).

Non-urgent: all other referrals."

This is the leaflet on this site and the guidelines are more specific and near the bottom

https://patient.info/doctor/Breast-Lumps-and-Breast-Examination

• Posted

A breast lump should be classed as urgent. If I was in your position I would be contacting the surgery and asking why your referral hasn't been classed as urgent.
    • Posted

I will contact the surgery tomorrow as really thought I'd have to wait as been told this is how things are - thanks for the info
    • Posted

I will contact the surgery tomorrow thanks for the info

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.