Small bump on the penile shaft

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've noticed the bump last week and I'm worried if it could be serious. I have not had sex and the bump does not hurt. Any idea of what it could be?****

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

What age are you Robert? What you need to avoid doing is applying considerable force or pressure to the body of your penis when you have an erection.

What you most likely have is a penile cyst - what this looks like is that most of it is under the surface of the skin on your penis. If you press on it it will push inwards towards the main body of your penis, then it will resurface a little after you remove the pressure, rather than immediately you let go. It will be the size of a large garden pee, or a small round nut?

Alternatively, is it like a spot of some kind with broken or generally unhealthy skin on the surface ..... ?

• Posted

I'm 18, and yes i think you are right, thanks for the help. It is very small maybe like .1cm. Will it go away on its own or do I need to go to the doctor.

• Posted

If it actually is a penile cyst it will take a number of months to fade away, and I mean somewhere between 5 and 9 months. You should not aggravate it in any way or scratch at it as this will only worsen it - you should only monitor it so that you notice any changes to size and appearance.

Should it continue to grow in size, or you get 2 or more of the same thing appearing, then seek medical assistance ......

• Posted

I believe I have a similar issue with a lump on the left side on the shaft nearer the base. I have had it since last week and am quite concerned at what it may be

• Posted

this is how it looks like, it's very small and are there any natural remedies?

• Posted

This is either a blocked skin pore or an ingrown hair follicle. Get some liquid antiseptic (TCP if you are in the UK) and dab it directly on to it 2 or 3 times a day for 3 or 4 days and it should begin to fade and heal.

Stepping up on your general hygiene in the area helps prevent these .....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.