Small bumps inner labia (labia minoria) but virgin? What is it?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Female, age 19, no past sexual encounters at all with a partner. However I've noticed feeling small bumps on the inner labia. To be honest they've been discovered about when I was 16? So it has been around, its not extremely new. When I was around 16 they only appeared on one side and now sometimes both sides are noticed. They aren't always bumpy. Lately I noticed it more because it started to itch, and I finally decided to check in the mirror.

Due to no visual check when I was 16, I have no idea if it progressed worse or if its the same thing as now. What I noticed is upon feeling they're just small bumps but in the mirror they aren't as visually noticeable and not as bad as I imagined. Its not very clear on my eyes so I am not sure if its lighting or if I'm actually seeing slight white or yellow almost like pimples. In the past they were once just pink small bumps though. They go almost downwards close to the vaginal opening?

I'll attach images in different lightings below. 

https://app.box.com/s/qj3hko0cpp1qvnqj67by9j3zlczp1ri7

Upon reading about other people with similar cases, the ones that rang a more relateable bell was Yeast Infection, Fordyce Spots, Pimples/Warts or Thrush? I checked out STDs and I honestly don't feel like I have any. Firstly I'm a virgin, I cannot have contacted it. Secondly they don't really match images of the gruesome STDs. I highly doubt its an STD...still these bumps stress me out. I don't know how to get rid of them and sometimes they're itchy. Upon visual examination it doesn't seem pleasant to feel or look at. 

Please help out if you know what this is!! Thank you  [cry]

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Like you said i think it is Fordyce spots, sebaecous glands. I have them too, but I am a male. You can google image sebaceous glands and vulva and you will find exact pictures like yours. You probably have nothing to worry about . These are benign-meaning they are absolutely normal. Have a good day!
    • Posted

But I am not a doctor and if you want a more absolute diagnosis, go see a dermatologist. By the way are the spots itchy? if not, they are more likely to be sebaceous glands.
    • Posted

Thanks! 

Sometimes they are itchy though. I thought it may be Fordyce Spots with Yeast Infection? Because I did read that Fordyce Spots don't usually itch.

• Posted

Actually, on second look and when you say it itches.... It makes me think of this condition: Vestibular papillomatosis 

​It is also a benign condition. You can read the wikipedia page it states that some women report itching, stinging, burning, and pain when the growths appear. And it is often misdiagnosed as a yeast infection. It is the female equivalent to Pearly Penile Papules (male version).

​Like I said before I am not a doctor, and to be safe would urge you to see one if it continues to bother you, or if you would like a definite answer.

• Posted

I am also 19 and I have noticed the same thing. I have gotten tested for herpes 3 times and other stds and still nothing. I stopped having sex cause of it. They don't hurt and aren't very visible to the eye. But they make me feel insecure. They kinda itch sometimes but idk. I do have eczema really bad and I use to get bad yeast infections before I changed birth controls. Could that be it. ? Idk I'm just running out of answers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.