Small bumps near vaginal opening

Posted , 2 users are following.

Last night I noticed I had a few small bumps near the vaginal opening. They're not painful unless I touch them then it becomes a burning sensation and it'll cause burning when I pee. I have checked photos of genital warts and herpes and none seem to match. Help?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like Herpes, not warts as those don't hurt. It could be some kind of infection. You probably should go to your doctor. Not really something you should guess about afterall that is all I am doing is making an assumption. It could be something that no one ever thinks of as well. So please just get it checked out, because if it is an abcess then it can get serious fast.
    • Posted

Herpes are more leison like though correct? These are like tiny bumps about 2 of them not even an inch big. They don't have a cauliflower appearance they're just there. They don't hurt unless it gets irriated...it kind of looks similar to a skin tag. Maybe an allergic reaction? It's in the labia minora area.
    • Posted

Well it could be an infected hair folicule, but again just speculating. Best thing to do is have it checked out to see what it is. It may go away on it's own or may require medical intervention. You probably know what you may be allergic to so did you expose the tissue to something that you react to ? 
    • Posted

I am allergic to a lot of things perfume included. Maybe while I was washing in the shower the soap got there and caused a reaction? cause my soap is scented.
    • Posted

Ok, but the question then is how long do you want to watch things before you decide to go to a doctor. Keep an eye on it if it gets worse of just doesn't get better then you should get it checked out. Also if you are with someone you owe it to them to let them know in case it is transmitted sexually. It may not be the case, but sometimes you don't know and it turns out that it is then you will give it to your partner. My ex had a small abcess in that area and she didn't tell me and I got a nasty staff infection from her. I wound up having to go to the hospital for it. It is the proper thing to do. 
    • Posted

Great. Then you can stop worrying. I hope it nothing to bad. Keep me posted. I wish you well.
    • Posted

I went to the doctor last week and was tested for every testable std and vaginal infections. Everything came back normal.
    • Posted

Nothing was said? I guess that's a possibility...or maybe just swollen glands?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.