Small fiber neuropathy sudden progression

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I'm 49 years old and had I think fibro my whole life but was able to live with it and not needing treatment. Then I had a.neuroma in my left foot and the posdiatrist botched my foot and and took out bone from a toe (said that was be cause) immediately after I had shooting electrical pains - it took me 2 years for a doctor to cut not one but two huge neuromas that went bad. Within one year after testing positive by a punch test my neuropathy went from my feet to my knees then thighs hands now arms chest butt and head. I am on butrans patch 15

Lyrics 500 and the currents won't stop and the pain in my chest is getting worse.

I think I may have another neuroma in right foot - MRI taken haven't gotten results. I'm considering IVIG. Has anyone had it with success if so tips on approval. Is this gonna get worse? I'm so worried. I have an 9 and 8 year old. I've tested for Insulline resistance. - I have. They put me on medformin. I used to be a successful rep making great money and now nothing - I have a part time gig that pays nothing

I get so sired from the fatigue I have to rest.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm with you open discussion and new ideas are great. It gives me things to ask and things to look at when going to see doctor. I was pretty lost. Thank-you all. I one day look forward to no foot pain and body pain. I really want a normal (or as close as I can get) life. I may asking to much here in the flesh, but who knows..

• Posted

Yes thank you for the plaquenil reminder. My hands arms neck and chest are dying now. I hope things calm down. Has anyone had that and then better? I'm not sure we will ever. Be pain free but your new norm is what we have to work with and around. You'll find you will drop friends that don't understand why u just. Can't do much that day and surround yourself with the ones that love and accept the. New you. Boards like this can help get answers and vent when. Needed

• Posted

I found that Aveeno helps with dryness. You can put in fright for while then apply or put some in a micro safe bowl and heat it a little. Feels great. If you micro you do it until a little warm. I wasn't paying attention one time and need less to say out come was not good, LOL

• Posted

I have read several posts from various patients regarding having neuromas removed. I am surprised by the number of people who had them removed by a podiatrist and have not had good results. I had mine removed by an orthopedic surgeon, and was fine 10 days later with no problems since. That was 15 years ago. I have sfn and post polio. I take 3600mg of gabapentin and pain medicine during flair ups. Does anyone take gabapentin regularly and lyrica for flairs? What helps with sleep? I fall asleep fine, but wake up 4 or 5 times during the night. I have learned to live with my feet, but the sensations and itching on my face drive me crazy. Anyone have any experience with this? Does anyone have any skin issues? Recurring sores that at times bleed, then calm down for weeks at a time, then return.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.