Small fibre neuropathy husband

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Ive just joined,hoping that someone could help me and give me some advice.

my husband has just been confirmed as a small fiber neuropathy case under kings college pain clinic.

He has Chronic pain all over body from back down both kegs both feet down both arms and hands .This started out of blue 2 years ago and has got worse up to now.Weve had every test done to try to find out what caused it but nothing and all scans mri show nothing except slight depreciation in neck and lower right back.What i find incredible is how unsympathetic and blunt the kings college pain clinic have been.We dont feel supported at all .

my husband takes 600mg gabapentin x3 times a day has a 20mg butec patch which was giving him 3 out of 5 days of relative relief.but now hes allergic to patch the pain clinic have given him tapentadol 50 mg hes stopped patch and started but it has given him no painnrelief and hes in a flare up for past 2 days.i had to ring 111 i just didnt know what to do.I mentioned the cross over time concerns with the pain clinic doctor and if they have a support number to ring in case all they said was if needed contact your GP for advice!! should there not be an emergency support group or phone line fir chronic pain sufferers?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hello Vivian,

sorry to hear about your husband, ive been dealing with similar issues but have not yet to get Diagnosed with SFN. i wanted to see how's everything going since the last post? and has he's tried any types of supplements? also one last thing have you heard of Ketamine?? ive heard it helps alot with SFN just something i came across and thought id share that with you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.