Small Hiatial hernia associated with Schatzki ring on my Barium ?? What now?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Just got my results back and still need to talk to my Gastro on next steps. On the endoscope 8 months ago he never said i had the hernia or Schatzki only that i had Esonophilic Esophagitis . I was having some swallowing issues with food getting stuck 

I read that with this i cannot get my Esophagus dilated because its dangerous with having EE so now what. I read people coming off PPI and supplementing the Betaine but I am having a tough time understanding how that gets rid of a hernia that is protruding into your esophagus ??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Operation! But you would have to be in a very bad way before they would operate in this country! On the NHS. Pay private get it done next week. 
    • Posted

im in Canada ....whats the operation ?? If its a fundlopication I will never ever get that as 2 friends got it. They are 2x worse so no thanks ...maybe start smoking some weed
    • Posted

The operation tightens the muscle round the neck of the stomach joining the esophagus. Just like a groin Hernia
    • Posted

Nissan Fundlipication I believe is what its called? Google it.....LOTS of issues with this operation

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.