Small little pain on the left side of my chest just under my breast.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been getting little pains on the left side of my chest right beneath my breast. I get them everyday at least 5 times. Could this be my heart?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I get this from time to time after having stents in heart due to heart attack the symptons ignored for 2-3 years.When have acute angina diagnosed as hiatus hernia I take 2 rantidine & the GTN tablets usually a spray .If didn't work x2 would dial 999.I also have nearly 20 preventative medications .
  • Posted

Hi I have been getting these for the past couple of months, mine also causes an ache in left underarm which travel across side of left breast. My GP said it was due to a chest infection on the left side, but that 3 weeks ago and had antibiotics but still causing symptoms. Saw GP again and she said it muscular and that your heart does not actually hurt and if it is worse when you breath in that is definately not the heart. I find it weird that pain is how you detect heart attack but heart does not hurt!! Mine sometimes causes pain in middle of breasts also.
  • Posted

Kim, I get these, too. My family doctor says it is costochondritis. My cardiac doctor says it is not my heart. I have had heart tests in the past, such as EKGs, treadmill stress test, nuclear stress test, echocardiogram, tilt table test, and even a catheterization. I had a "false positive" on a treadmill test five years ago and they thought they were going to put in a stent, but during the cath they said I was OK and did not need the stent. I told him I get these pains, and he said it would have shown up on one of these tests. I can't understand how they can rule out a problem when these tests were five years ago. I have had such severe pain at times that I have had to go to the ER. The last time was about three months ago. They give me an EKG, chest X-ray, and blood tests and send me home. Let me know what you find out about yours. I am assuming you will be seeing a cardiac doctor?
    • Posted

Hi Nancy

Did you find out the problem? as i am also having the same symptoms and the same tests, with all showing negative

• Posted

Hi Kim, I have had costochondritis for almost two years. It can be scary at times, especially because the pain is usually on the left. My dr. prescribed fluoxetine 10 mg., which is a very low dose. It is usually prescribed for anxiety or depression, but it is also prescribed for pain. I have been taking that for 3-4 months, and I think it helps, although I still get flare-ups. When I have a flare-up, I take two Advil and try to put a heating pad on my back. I sometimes wonder if I will always have this condition. Good luck!
    • Posted

My latest post was to you but the auto correct changed it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.