Small Lump on Testicle, had ultrasounds

Posted , 2 users are following.

I posted a few months back re a small lump on the back of my testicle. Started out the size of a grain of sand, now about the size of a grain of rice. Admittedly it is difficult to feel, unless I am in the shower or the scrotal skin is relaxed, and then it becomes quite obvious.

So I went and saw a GP and he sent me for an ultrasound. Ultrasound came back and said nothing was wrong. So I didnt think anything else of it. Then a few weeks back I came across the ultrasound and re-read the report, and it made no reference to the lump. I went and saw another GP and he couldnt feel the lump, and sent me for an Ultrasound (I hadnt told him about the original US I had). Ultrasound technician couldnt find the lump, asked me to find it which I did a few times, but when I moved my hand he would lose the lump and not be able to find it. So I went back to the GP he said nothing there, I said I can feel it, but he said no nothing.

So I went to a third GP, who said he could feel the lump, and then another ultrasound. Again the ultrasound person couldnt find it. So went back to the GP he said nothing, and I said I wasnt happy with the response of noone being able to find it, as it is quite clearly there.

So he refered me to urologist. The US report made reference to an epididymis cyst on both the left and right testicles (which must have sprung up or increased in size quite rapidly as I had never felt or noticed them before). Urologist checked said I could put pants back on and said he could feel the two cysts, and then said thats all he could feel, this is despite me telling him about the other bump and noone being able to find it. He checked again, and said oh yeh I found it, its nothing to worry about. He said probably a scar. Now I have serious doubts he found what I was refering to as it felt like he just wanted to wrap up the appointment. I told him I have had no injury to the area. Any suggestions on what to do next? If it was a scar, why would it double in size in the past 6 months or so? I have been getting a dull ache in the lower abdomin groin area occassionally the past few months, I'm wondering if this has to do with the Epidymist cysts? The urologist said he would not remove them until they got as big as the testicle itself and if it was causing pain. they are no noticeable at the moment, but I would want them removed well before they grew to that size.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.