small medium large vessels

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, I am wondering how do you know which blood vessels (L,M,S) are effected with vasculitis? Also any home remedies for soothing skin as when I shave my legs they get bad shaving rash as my water here smells so strong of chlorine its making me itch severely every night and after I wash. Thank you in advance x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am by far no expert. My vasculitis effects the small vessels. The only reason I know this is because of a skin biopsy. I don't have the shaving issue so sorry I'm no help there.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply! What area of the body are the small vessels affecting? Would the large vessels be direct to an organ? Can't work it all out lol.

• Posted

Hi. There's some info on the Vasculitis UK website about how the size of blood vessels relate to the type of disease here :

http://www.vasculitis.org.uk/about-vasculitis/types-of-vasculitis

The website is a pretty reliable source of information in general, so worth taking a look if you've not found it already.

But vasculitis is a complicated disease and you can't really generalise. Since we have small blood vessels throughout our bodies the more common small vessel diseases can potentially affect any organ. But it's worth remembering that vasculitis often presents in different ways from person to person.

The large vessel diseases tend to cause problems with blocked arteries and aneurysms, but these are much rarer types of vascultiis.

I think the E45 or Zerobase emolliment creams are pretty good for dry itching skin. But I'd just try a small amount first to check that you don't get any sort of bad reaction. If you're at all worried it would be best to check with your GP or vasculitis consultant first.

Hope this help,

Richard.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.