Small ovarian cyst causing so many symptoms???

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a 4cm simple appearing cyst on my right ovary. I have one doctor telling me that all of my symptoms ( pelvic pain, low back pain, painful intercourse, pain with bowel movements, nausea, and breakthrough bleeding) are caused by this cyst and another doctor telling me that there is no way that "such a small cyst" is causing me so much pain. I'm beyond frustrated with the situation. Has anyone else had a cyst this size cause such awful symptoms?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Hi rachelle I had a 7.5cm cyst that caused all the symptoms you describe and vomiting and breast tenderness and irregular periods and headaches. It partially ruptured and was 2.5cm and that vomiting stopped but I still had similar symptoms to you and period pains on and off. Some people have no symptoms with cysts and some get a lot of symptoms especially pregnancy type symptoms. I took milk thistle drops for 8 weeks and it helped it go. It rids the body of excess estrogen which is the main cause of cysts and it balances your hormones. I had it for 10 months and it was hell! My gp told me that cysts can mess with your whole hormonal system. X
  • Edited

I have a 4cm hemorrhagic functional cyst and I have headaches, tender breasts, odd periods, painful bowel movements, etc. 
    • Posted

Me too! Except I have one in each ovary! I have all your symptoms plus bloating, painful intercourse (well not have some in too many weeks). I want to get rid of them naturally, I'm scared of surgeries, but I also know that if you are not enjoying life at the fullest because of pain or issues than you must do what you can to help yourself. Good luck to all of you women who suffer with ovarian cyst, I sure know how your feeling and is not good.
    • Posted

Dayanara try milk thistle drops. It detoxes the liver which becomes overloaded with estrogen causing these problems. The liver is responsible for balancing the hormones too. Has helped me greatly. Good luck. X
    • Posted

Thank you Acejohnston, for your advice sending you good vibes from Houston, TX (USA) because I am sooo happy to know that! smile
  • Posted

Thank You All!!! They are making me feel crazy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.