Small red patch on my arm, slightly worried it could be basal skin!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had this nearly 3 weeks now, it's a small red roundish patch which is dry around it too, sometimes it looks a bit brownish in colour too, I've tried Hydrocprtosone 1% for nearly 2 weeks now, and it hasn't even slightly healed!

I'm probably worried about nothing but as a young dad I would rather be safe that sorry!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You could always ask the pharmacist for advice.
  • Posted

How do I post a picture may be a little easier to understand and recognise the problem then?
  • Posted

I had a small flakey patch on the back of my hand and it was basal cell cancer.

It was removed with all the margins clear but it required about 30 or so stitches because the skin is so thin there and they had to do a skin flap to cover the area of skin that had to be removed. No scar at all now but I used a plastic surgeon to remove it. There is also a cream that is like a mini skin chemo that you can apply if the cancer is detected early while it is small. It is called 5-Fluorouracil (5-FU) and takes about 6 weeks. Google it and you can read all about it. Hope it all works out for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.