Small red patch on palm - what is this?

Posted , 2 users are following.

imageimage

This small flat, non itchy rash appeared about 5 weeks ago, (I don't think it was from an injury) and I don't believe it got any bigger. But I don't no what it is? It is flat to the touch and feels like it is under the skin. Sometimes when I add pressure to it, it will fade and then reappear seconds later (like the blood coming back to it).

I had an online consultation with a doctor and they said it could be a fungal infection to use Daktacort, but it hasn't made any difference.

Looking for advice please.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I dont think its fungal. It may be from a tiny injury that you have forgotten about. If you get more of these on the palms do go back to your doctor but if it just stays as a non itchy red patch then I would try to ignore it.

Is there any chance you could be pregnant or have you started taking hormones in any way?

• Edited

Hi Marina_Dee

Thanks for the reply. I remember noticing it after shopping, I was carrying a Primark bag full of clothes. No I came off the pill a couple of months ago after being on it for over 10 years but I am not pregnant.

When I bend my finger, it fades,

and then it just returns seconds later

Do you no how I can get rid of it? It just wont seem to go away! Thanks again

• Posted

It sounds like a tiny injury under the skin as I said. It may fade but it may always be like that. Ignore it ...its not harmful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.