Small reddish bumps inside vaginal lips / on urethral opening? *PHOTOS* STD or something else??

Posted , 29 users are following.

So maybe starting about a month ago I started having some burning in my vagina almost every time after having sex, and it was with a new guy that I've been seeing (and currently still am) - and in all honesty we had a LOT of sex and my vagina definitely took a lot. The burning sometimes lasted more than a day which started to concern me, but it would always get better eventually. 

However, yesterday when we started to have sex I noticed that when he touched the area inside my vaginal lips (like near the opening of my vagina, near my urethral opening, by my clitoris, etc.) there was a burning pain, and the same burning pain also happened right when he first put his penis inside of my vagina. It was only slightly painful/burned at the beginning of us having sex but after a while when we continued to have sex I didn't notice any kind of pain or burning at all for the rest of the time. We started using a new water-based lubricant about 2 weeks ago when we have sex, and it doesn't feel anything but great so I dont' really think it would be a reaction to that. I guess I'm just worried that these are symptoms of an STD - I'm mostly nervous that it could be herpes from what I have been obsessively reading online - and if it is then I NEED to tell him becuase we had unprotected sex (I know that's not smart but I'm not here to be judged please). What do you guys think? Also, these bump or pimples or whatever they are look like they are kind under the skin, are mostly red but have a slightly whiteish hue if that makes sense? They're not blisters or anything that is filled with fluid as far as I can tell. They are only sensitive / I only notice them when I touch them, and the pain is a burning sensation. I'm freaking out and I really don't know what to do - I can't go see my OBGYN for another week becuase I am leaving for a trip tomorrow and won't be back until next weekend, and I really don't want to spend my time away constantly worrying about what this could be (but I know that's probably what is going to happen). Any ideas/ advice / opinons? 

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Looks like warts to me. They’re from HPV, but the strain that causes warts doesn’t cause cervical cancer so that’s the silver lining. Most people have some form of HPV. You can get the warts inside and outside the vagina and anus. It lies dormant and outbreaks can occur when your immune system is weak. You can get them frozen or burnt off or use an acidic cream your OBGYN prescribes. They may go away on their own, and some people never experience them again after the initial outbreak. For me, I’ve had them twice during my pregnancies, but they went away within 3 month after delivery. Eat healthy and avoid sugary or acidic foods, alcohol, etc. 
    • Posted

Vestibular papillomatosis -

Often confused with hpv or warts.. but it is not  contagious , you can catch it or give it to someone- not an STI,& really doesn't cause any problems, other than in rare cases women complaining of some burning.. 

it's basically like little papillae and is harmless 

Anyway that's what this looks like to me

• Posted

Did they test for Herpes or just say that it’s not? Please reply I have the same looking thing!
    • Posted

I don't think that looks like herpes.. herpes look like blisters, this just looks like papillae 

• Posted

People saying looks like warts- no.. that's not warts

Looks to me like papillae , or vestibular papillomatosis (which is many times confused with hpv) BUT it is NOT  contagious , nor is it some sort of sti- 

Only women get it, it's not "harmful" (although some cases report burning)  it's actually thought in some cases it's present at birth! But exact causes of it are somewhat unknown- it seems to happen or "show up" mostly in women that are in a stage of life right before menopausal stage... 

it's basically papilla - which is just finger-like projects that can be found throughout the body (like the  tongue ) this is not to be confused with HPV.. it's not the same thing at all..

Now I did see the poster commented that her doctor said maybe sex (a lot of it haha) was the cause .. 🤔 I don't know about that- then again I'm not a doctor so ... but maybe it can bring the appearance of them out more sorta ?

• Posted

I had the same exact thing and still do . My doctor told me it’s from sweating in the vagina area often and not cleaning it right after . Such as going to the gym and not taking a full shower and a change of clothes cause sometimes I work out and go straight to school or work . So she told me to wash it very often and try to balance my PH down there 
  • Posted

I have exactly the same thing above my urethral opening and both sides of labia. And I have those finger-like bumps on the downside of my labia, next to my hymen tag. A lot of these bumps!

2 months ago I started to have sex with a new partner whom I'm still seeing now - yes we had a lot of sex too. I had urine infection symptoms and the anti-biotic didn't get rid of it. My GP took my urine sample and said I have thrush so he prescribed me with pessary and cream (it's a bit weird since yeast infection should not be detectable from urine). When I started to use pessary I looked down in the mirror and got scared because my hymen tag grew to be enormous and sticking out of my vagina (it used to be a thin flesh). I heard that thrush can cause vagina skin tags to be swollen so I didn't think much of it and kept on with treatment.

After 2 days of using pessary and cream I looked down again with a flash light and noticed these bumps for the first time. They're quite hard to detect unless the lighting is good and the vagina is wide open. I went to a walk-in centre, the nurse said they're very smooth so they do not look like typical warts, but she's not an expert in gynaecology so she cannot give a diagnose. She also addressed that there were only a few visible bumps. I think it's due to her limitation to observe.

I am scared as hell at the moment. I really wish they're not warts. I'm going to see a gynaecologist tomorrow and do HPV & STI test. Can't wait for the long wait from NHS so I went for private clinics. So expensive!! I also booked HPV vaccine at boots just to prevent further HPV!

• Posted

So what happened? I still have them. I got an STI check that was all negative (tbh I didnt tell them that i had any symptoms). Then I went to the pharmacy and they have me some pill for thrush to insert. Then I went to the GP and I got a clotrimazole ointment and another pill (all this happened within 2 months or so). Yes my partner is new and yes we have a lot of sex. He was tested and was negative too. Idk what to do but it hurts and burns and I can't find anything about this anywhere and only this picture is similar to what I got. Pls help guys

• Posted

So what happened? I still have them. I got an STI check that was all negative (tbh I didnt tell them that i had any symptoms). Then I went to the pharmacy and they have me some pill for thrush to insert. Then I went to the GP and I got a clotrimazole ointment and another pill (all this happened within 2 months or so). Yes my partner is new and yes we have a lot of sex. He was tested and was negative too. Idk what to do but it hurts and burns and I can't find anything about this anywhere and only this picture is similar to what I got. Pls help guys

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.