Small scab on anus for 2 months or so.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had a small scab on the outside of my anus for about 2 months now. Twice it has flares up and become very sore and a bit larger. First time was when it first started to develop and second time when I irritated the scab. I have been to see my GP 3 times about it but it is still there. I am using anusol to try and ease it. Over the last few weeks it has not been overly sore although did get a bit of blood the other day. It is in a similar area to where I got a sore anus from using toilet paper. Just worried with how long it seems to be taking to heal. My doctor said just to forget about it and it is most likely a hemoroid. I am still worried as I suffer from anxiety and depression so hard for me to just forget. Unsure if it was a small tear, a fissure or a pile that caused it. Please help, otherwise I might end up back at my GP again and don't won't to irritate my doctor by going back yet again.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi im having the same problem as you mine was just a small tear and then i developed a small scab/tag after it healed but then after a few months or so I bled a bit again and the scab would flare up so I thought it was haemmorhoid its not like its a big problem as mine only ever flares up or get a bit of blood when my stools become hard so I’ve been trying my hardest to change my diet and drink lots of water and so far its been okay but I also apply coconut oil and sudocream together in the morning to ease it and make sure its clean all the time im not sure if this is a help but I hope you find a solution soon and dont worry about irritating your gp if your gp doesnt help much and go seek for other doctors that can help
    • Posted

I have managed to find a GP willing to help at my doctors surgery. He suggested trying some suppositories even though it is external as it still could help and another GP has told me to use E45 cream as well to prevent the itching. Hoping to notice a difference but they have said they will band it if needs be. He also said they can last for months before the just disappear. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.