Small scab on anus for 2 months or so

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had a small scab on the outside of my anus for about 2 months now. Twice it has flares up and become very sore and a bit larger. First time was when it first started to develop and second time when I irritated the scab. I have been to see my GP 3 times about it but it is still there. I am using anusol to try and ease it. Over the last few weeks it has not been overly sore although did get a bit of blood the other day. It is in a similar area to where I got a sore anus from using toilet paper. Just worried with how long it seems to be taking to heal. My doctor said just to forget about it and it is most likely a Haemorrhoid. I am still worried as I suffer from anxiety and depression so hard for me to just forget. Unsure if it was a small tear, a fissure or a pile that caused it. Please help, otherwise I might end up back at my GP again and don't won't to irritate my doctor by going back yet again. Any advise would be great. Thanks. 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

wow   i had  surgry 2 weeks ago.  and  i,m walking great.  i,m not running til aug  1st  i want too be heal up good. but anyway i,m walking 9 ,000  steaps a day   and i,m back too doing yard work. i,m 98 per cent back too normal.     my   doctor  real took great care of me. as for pain very little. my stool  is  coming out normal, also.  i,m taking    miralax  at night  and in morning i feel good   afterwards no problem.            evryone i have heard on here  is crying  wolf.     i,m doing great   no problems  i get final   check up on july 12th.           my doctor  is travis  holt    awsome  awsome  
  • Posted

Stop using toilet paper it's the worst thing you can do for any backside issue you may be having, after b.m. simply use shower head to cleanse, if not possible to use showerhead, use medicated wipes or babywipes then add some hydrocortizone ro help with the healing.... And drink tons of water to keep stool soft....

• Posted

I have now got some moist toilet wipes so hopefully they will help as an alternative to toilet paper. Thanks for the suggestions.
  • Posted

Appears Hemorrhoids. The Doc also told you so though not too definitely. Anusol should have worked at least to some extent. There are some other ointments also. In this Forum, some one praised Maylong Musk Chinese ointment. Read about it on google if you like to try that.There are some other Hemorrhoid ointments also which could be tried though consultation with the Doc should be more beneficial.

• Posted

It has seemed to shrink it when it flared up into a spot as it is now a flat scab. just frustrating how long it takes to heal. Coming on to nearly 3 months now. Unsure how long to give it before consulting a doctor again when the last time I went the doctor told me not to go back for the same issue as it is nothing to worry about and told me it could take months. 
    • Posted

When the Doc says it is OK, then nothing to worry. If you feel highly uncomfortable then you could possibly consider what Thomas has suggested but as a last resort. Some times many other complications come up when it is fiddled too much.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reassurance. With me suffering so badly from Anxiety it is easy for me to panic more about things and think they are more serious then they are. smile will try and just leave it alone and let it heal and put cream on when needed.
    • Posted

It's an awkward thing but nothing life threatening so try to keep anxiety down you will get through this and have plenty of other things to worry about, hahahahaha.. Hang in there..

• Posted

just get them cut out ok  i did  i had it done 2 weeks ago i,m  doing great today  no problems   your just wasting your money on this stuff ok.      get them cut out  than you,ll be  good again
  • Posted

Thanks for all your replies. It is a very small scab now. just on the outside of my anus as I pull my skin back. Think it is shrinking a bit. Will continue to use creams and ointments to ease but it is not causing any pain or discomfort at the moment. Don't really want to go back to my doctors as had 2 opinions on it anyway and they have said let it heal and that it can take months. With me having anxiety it is very easy for me to worry about anything health related

• Posted

yah my butt is itching on me .  but i can,t put nothing there until i see him. other than that i,m doing ok.   it itches alot.  i think it might be raw dry skin there where he di it an i can not use nothing there  yet
    • Posted

Recently seen a GP as still got this problem. He suggested trying some suppositories even though it is external as it still could help and another GP has told me to use E45 cream as well to prevent the itching. Hoping to notice a difference but they have said they will band it if needs be. He also said they can last for months before they just disappear. Giving it a couple more weeks before going back to my GP and asking for it banded. 

• Posted

So 5 months on still not sorted. Seeing doctor again Thursday so hopefully will make progress in getting it shrunk as doctor promised if nothing helped. Lucky for me it is only about 1 millimetre in size but just so itchy. Not become sore or inflamed in the last 3 months. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.