Small scratches and red spots

Posted , 3 users are following.

its not often I get the scratches but so far have about four. They started after I had started with the red itchy raised spots two years ago. Spots still coming after biopsy showed nothing and goodness knows how much steroid cream being used. The latest scratch was a small one near the ankle which is still there but not itchy now after the steroid cream application. I get very down as these red spots still keep coming and I feel doctors and dermatologists dont know and dont care. I know I am old but have always been proud of lovely clear skin.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I wonder if this is the same as I have been getting. I have places that look like scratches, yet they are not scratches but they itch. I’m wondering if this is some form of Candida… I keep forgetting to inquire from various doctors because when it’s not itching I just forget they’re there I have some on my shoulders. Have you gotten any helpful information so far?

• Posted

So far I have not been able to ascertain the causes of my skin problems. I am very down and find my insomnia isnt helping. You are quite right when the itching stops you forget to mention it to doctor, not that I think they are of any help.

• Posted

Also, Marina may be right, I am old and will have to put up with it.

• Posted

Bianca, I wonder if this is just your skin reacting to getting older. The normal secretions in our skin begin to fail as we get older and our skin starts to itch and sometimes erupts into spots,which never show anything wrong on biopsy. An older person can develop patches of eczema as well,although it doesnt always look like the dry flaky patches that we expect.

Have you tried using an emollient cream on these patches. Preferably before you go to bed. Dont wash the areas with soap or any type of skin cleanser as it will strip off any natural oil in the skin. Just use plain water and then the emollient. Just use the steroid cream when the itchiness is bad but at other times just the emollient. Dont know where you are in the world but try looking at the Aveeno range of creams. I have found them very useful.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. You may be right and although I seem to be putting loads of creams on my arms and legs the spots still come. When I have finished the QV cream I was recommended I will buy the Aveena. To tell the truth, I seem To have so many little health issues I am wondering if life is worth it.

• Posted

C'mon, Bianca, WE have to make life worth it. We'll keep on doing what we have to do to take care of ourselves as best we can, and dont sweat the small stuff. what is your age? Not old enough to say it's not worth it. Make yourself happy, girl. I will too.

• Posted

Bianca.....You could try an anti histamine one a day. Cetrizine is a good one and readily available to buy. As the biopsy has not come up with anything this could be a mild allergic reaction and often there is no identifiable cause. You say you feel down and are not sleeping well. These sort of feelings can often trigger an itchy reaction.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.