Small subserosal fibroid

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi 

I'm waiting for a lap next week. Been told I have a small fibroid 

could this really cause back pain, vagina pain and stomach pains? 

Or something else would cause this?

thank you 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello wendywoo54

I got 14 cm big fibroid and just had procedure 3 weeks ago uterin fibroid emboilazation . I never had back pain or any type of pain . Only major problem I had was very heavy periods . They use to last two two weeks and used to take medicine to stop them . They also made me anemic twice in past two years . Now hoping procedure will work and fibroids will shrink and will have normal periods .

• Posted

Hi Wendy,

Yes even small fibroids can cause those symptoms. I also have vagina pain that means it hurts to sit down on a chair sometimes unless it is soft. I do not read of others talking about that much, so I am interested to hear that someone else has it. I do not get the back pain much but it depends where the fibroids are positioned. Stomach pains yes and mine can be a tingling felt throughout the pelvis. I would advise anyone  to read up on the different types of fibroids and what treatments are available and be sure before making a decision on treatment. It is your choice. I have started on Esmya a new tablet licenced to help shrink them. It is a progesterone selective receptor. I researched it and requested it. There have not been miracles yet but some improvement. I hope you are sure with what you are having done. It must be your choice and not what the doctor prefers to do.  Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.