Small tears on foreskin (link to pic)

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am a 27 year old male with type 2 diabetes. For a while now i randomly get these small tears on my foreskin. it is rather painful to urinate because pulling the foreskin back re opens the tears making it difficult for it to heal. i talked to my doctor but she was of no help she just gave me a couple packets of antibacterial ointment and didn't even bother to look at it. I'm just trying to figure out what this is before it gets any worse.

https://imgur.com/a/z4CreaZ

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, it looks like I finally someone with a what looks like a similar problem to mine.

I do not know what it is, I do not know what caused it, and also I am not diabetic, so I do not think that has to do anything with it.

Lately I started using a lubricant whilst having sex or masturbating and that really helped me. It doesn't tear anymore, but we use a lot of lubricant. Also putting lubricant on the penis (inside) after sex or masturbation seems to help out with recovery.

Hope that helps 😃

• Posted

Atryn, the tears on the foreskin do look rather painful - I also see from fita3000 that this could be commonplace for Males, but the photos show quite severe set of wounds taking place. Unfortunately I am not surprised by the attitude of the Doctor - it does not take much effort to look, and that is the only way to establish the severity of the problem, and indeed, put the correct form of treatment in place!

I think fita3000 has partly the solution to what is going on. So I am going to add my advice for keeping the skin on the foreskin as healthy as possible:

This begins with how you clean the penis as a whole and the kinds of chemicals you should never expose your penis to. First of all you need to give the skin time to heal, and what you need to rely on here is personal knowledge of how your own skin heals everywhere else on your body. So, I use Germolene for this which is an antiseptic with additional skin healing properties, but use another that you know works for you - you may also need to abstain from sex and masturbation for anything in excess of 2 weeks +.

I have an incurable skin condition of the foreskin and glans / head of the penis and when my skin is damaged in this area it can take anywhere between 2, and even 7 or 8 weeks is not unusual. Atryn, you may need to get a Steroidal ointment from the Doctor (a different 1 this time) or ask to be referred to a Dermatologist who will then give you the kind of potency you require of a Steroid to overcome the level of tearing you are getting, and also taking into consideration your Diabetes.

Once the skin is healed here is the kind of routine to get into: never use soap to wash the penis, water only, Dry carefully by patting dry with a clean towel - never roughly dry the head and foreskin area as this may damage the skin and you may not notice what is happening, and minute damage can escalate to what you have going on. When you shower, draw the foreskin as far forward as you can (carefully!) and this protects the head of the penis and the part of the foreskin that is most often folded-over inside the outer layer of foreskin and therefore is in direct contact with the head / glans of penis. In my experience this 'inner foreskin' is more susceptible to damage and more relevantly, to skin disorders that can become permanent. At the end of the shower ensure all cleansers you have used elsewhere on your body are thoroughly rinsed away from your entire groin region - and again thoroughly dry the groin area, and carefully dry the penis carefully.

As fita3000 points out, you need to find a good Lube and Moisturiser and the two I am going to mention do both of these tasks for the skin of your penis ....

Whatever Lube and moisturiser you try they should be of natural plant extract base - never use something that is of a petroleum oil base, so this excludes Baby Oil and most skin creams, even the ones that claim to have a plant extract base. So the best I have found so far are liquid Coconut Oil and Aloe Vera Gel - both of which you can use as a moisturiser and a lube - and they both have natural skin healing properties. As I say, the essential before you apply these is to fully allow your torn skin to heal properly before using anything else on it. Each time you try something new, unless you get an adverse reaction, use it for 4 or 5 weeks at least to discover whether it is the right one for your skin type.

The sequence therefore is, get the skin as healthy as possible, then find the lube / moisturiser that works for you so that you can best enjoy sex and masturbation - unfortunately, each time the skin is damaged anywhere on the foreskin (and even on the head / glans) area you must start the process of healing again and abstaining from sex and masturbation. As already mentioned, this could take as long as 2 or 3 weeks, all the way through to 2 months, or even longer depending on the impact of a condition such as diabetes.

I would appreciate any feedback on what you have found trying any of what I have mentioned, you may even find something that really works wonders for you = please share on here so that others can benefit from it. Simply update this Forum Thread at any time in the future .......

• Posted

thank you for the replies, from my research i have come to think this may be thrush. so i have been using some anti fungal powder i had at home, i don't know if it would help but i have also been using antibiotic cream when it gets too dry. i will definitely try your advice out and keep giving updates here on what seems to be helpful.

• Posted

I was not able to open ur attached file and could not see ur problem. BUT sure I would suggest you to keep yourself neat and clean and get yourself circumcised first. By pressing ur shaft base forward empty ur urethra from urine drops and wash ur penis after every urination and so you'll feel clean and it will save u from many infections also.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.