Small Toothbrush

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hiya

I want to improve my dental hygiene but really struggle to clean the teeth at the back of my mouth because I have a very sensitive gag reflex, and always start heaving, which makes brushing my molars really difficult.

I currently use an Oral B electric toothbrush with a small round head, but even that just sets me heaving, so I was wondering if anyone knew of some sort of really tiny toothbrush that I could get, just to use for the teeth right at the back?

Thanks in advance for any help

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried the little interdental brushes? They may be better for you to use at the back of the mouth or try a child's toothbrush and go further back gradually each day. Eventually the gag reflex will become less sensitve over time.
  • Posted

Hi Kecki

I did wonder about trying a child's toothbrush, but as my electric toothbrush has quite a small head already, I didn't think it would be much different. However, i've never heard of interdental brushes, so after your suggestion, i've just had a look online, and they look they might be just the ticket...less invasive. So many thanks for your suggestion, i'm going to order some now smile

• Posted

Hi. Have you tried gargling with cepacol, or other gargle that has an anaesthetic in it ?. It slightly numbs the mouth and throat, which may calm the gag reflex. Hope this helps. Of course, ask your chemist first.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.